TeamHealth is growing our well-established hospitalist practice at Kindred Hospital located in San Leandro, California. Kindred Hospital is a long-term, acute care hospital. We are currently seeking board certified/board eligible internal medicine physicians for full-time and part-time opportunities.
TeamHealth supports our physician teams so that you can do what you do best: provide unmatched patient care. We are physician-driven, patient-focused, and provide ample opportunities for growth as you develop your career with TeamHealth. At TeamHealth, our purpose is to perfect our clinicians' ability to practice medicine, every day, in everything we do. Our philosophy is as simple as our goal is singular: we believe better experiences for clinicians lead to better outcomes for patients, partners, and physicians alike.
For more than 50 years, TeamHealth's innovative national resources have supported our clinicians as they deliver the best possible patient care. Driven by our commitment to quality and safety, we are proud to be one of the largest integrated healthcare providers in the country.
- Full-time is approximately 18 shifts per month and part-time is 3 days per week
- Monday through Friday with rotating weekend coverage averaging 1 to 2 weekends a month; 8-hour shifts between 7am-7pm, with flexible start and end times
- Average length-of-stay 20+ days, developing strong patient connections due to the patients' extended length-of-stay
- No call or emergency department coverage
- Board certified/board eligible internal medicine
- Hospitalist experience required
- Active California medical license and DEA preferred
- Full-time clinicians will get 20 days of paid time off (PTO) per calendar year
- Excellent comprehensive benefits package for full-time clinicians (multiple health insurance plans, dental, vision, FSA, HSA, HRA options, life insurance, long-term disability)
- Paid professional liability insurance including tail coverage
- Full-time clinicians have access to 401K and SERP retirement plan options
- Company issued and funded iPad with gEHRimed documentation supporting seamless remote access for enhanced team collaboration
- Industry leading onboarding program with EMR, MIPS, billing and coding training, and onsite support delivered by experienced clinical educators
- Well-developed infrastructure with extensive back-office support as well as local management.
- Local and national leadership opportunities for interested clinicians
- Access to leadership development programs such as Leadership Education and Development (LEAD), Coach Development Academy (CDA), Women in Leadership (WIL), and the National Medical Leadership Conference (NMLC)
- Access to TeamHealth's clinician wellness program and referral program
- Practice with confidence as a member of TeamHealth's national Patient Safety Organization
Why TeamHealth Post-Acute Care?
As the leading provider of facilities-based medicine, TeamHealth's post-acute care program is the largest network of post-acute care clinicians. Our team is comprised of more than 1,500 primary care and behavioral health clinicians in more than 31 states. Our post-acute care clinicians receive best-in-class orientation and training, a dedicated EHR system and access to ongoing clinical education.
East San Francisco Bay
San Leandro is in Alameda County, California off the eastern shore of San Francisco Bay near Oakland, California. The City of San Leandro maintains and services 16 other parks throughout the city, all of which are available for use by residents and visitors alike. Lake Chabot Regional Park is popular for its scenic hiking trails, camping, and fishing.