Advance your career in leadership with TeamHealth's outstanding opportunity for a facility medical director at Banner Lassen Medical Center in Susanville, California. This position offers the opportunity to work as an employee or independent contractor. We ask that all clinicians be board certified or board eligible in emergency medicine.
Banner Lassen Medical Center is a Level IV trauma center that's home to a 9-bed emergency department (ED) which has an annual volume of 12,000 with a 13% admission rate. Other facility features include bed-side ultrasound, general back-up specialties, heli-services and an EMS base station. The EMR that is used is Cerner with Dragon.
For more than 40 years, our history and national footprint in emergency medicine allows us to achieve the highest standards in care, informed by decades of evidence-based data. As a TeamHealth physician leader, you will receive support services, networks of communication, educational resources and access to join a community of thousands of professionals to share and shape best practices. We harness a nationwide collection of tools, clinical resources and collective knowledge for our clinicians who provide the best for their patients.
At TeamHealth, our purpose is to perfect the practice of medicine, every day, in everything we do. TeamHealth is committed to strengthening hospitals, supporting physicians and improving healthcare.
- Comprehensive benefits package
- Excellent stipend and hourly rate
- Paid professional liability insurance and tail coverage
- Access to leadership development programs such as Leadership Education and Development (LEAD), Coach Development Academy (CDA), National Medical Leadership Conference (NMLC) and diversity and inclusion programs
- Access to professional development tools, educational resources and CME through TeamHealth Institute
- Association with a leading physician practice in the U.S.
- Stability of a respected industry leader
- Leadership and growth opportunities to further your career
- Access to TeamHealth's clinician wellness program
A comprehensive range of care
Banner Lassen Medical Center in Susanville, California, is a 25-bed Banner Health facility. Opened in May 2003, Banner Lassen Medical Center serves as a critical access hospital to the Susanville and Lassen County community. Services offered at Banner Lassen Medical Center include oncology, emergency medicine, women's health, maternity care, family medicine, cardiology, and other specialty care. The facility's mission is to provide the very best clinical care to the region it serves through the latest in medical technology, a vision of compassion and a concentration on patient and employee safety. Banner Lassen offers a wide range of programs and services to aid in prevention, diagnosis and treatment of illness in its community.
A great place to live!
Susanville, the county seat of Lassen County, is a vibrant and industrious community in the northeastern corner of California. Our rural atmosphere, clean environment, and easy access to outdoor recreation make this area attractive to both visitors and residents. The town's pioneer heritage lives on in our goal to keep the city on the list of top places to live in America.