TeamHealth's post-acute travel physician role is an opportunity to be a part of a dedicated team of post-acute care physicians that travel to TeamHealth partner facilities throughout major markets in the state of Texas. More than a locum tenens, our travel team is an elite and vital part of the top-notch physician staffing plans that we are known for. This is a unique position that allows you to travel where you're needed within the state of Texas and work in a variety of practice locations with guaranteed hours. Our post-acute travel team physicians are chosen specifically for their experience, flexibility and ability to provide excellent patient care. We are looking for travelers to assist us with our exponential growth in Texas.
Candidates should be board certified in internal medicine or family medicine with previous post-acute care experience and be currently licensed and based in Texas. All work is daytime so no nights are required. We are seeking physicians who are comfortable in a variety of practice settings including skilled nursing facilities and assisted living centers (LTAC experience is a plus) and can easily create good relationships with nursing and administrative staff.
- First-class experience with first-class pay
- Practice across major markets in Texas but live where you want
- W2 employee status
- Full-time position with guaranteed shifts/hours
- Various practice settings (skilled nursing facility, assisted living, LTAC experience a plus) with appropriate patient census
- Professional liability insurance with tail coverage
- Outstanding risk management program
- Practice resources of a national network with local support
- Reimbursement for licensure, certifications and travel
- LiveWell WorkLife services includes an associate assistance program and other emotional wellbeing initiatives
Where big things happen
Located in northeast Texas, Dallas was settled in 1841 as a frontier trading post. Today it is the 9th largest city in the U.S. The population is over one million and growing. The entire Dallas/Fort Worth metroplex comprises a population of more than three million. Residents enjoy numerous attractions, including more than 7,000 restaurants, 200-plus museums, art galleries, live performance venues, and numerous shopping centers.