TeamHealth is seeking a board certified or board prepared in emergency medicine through American Board of Emergency Medicine (ABEM) or American Osteopathic Board of Emergency Medicine (AOBEM) physician to join our prestigious practice at CHI Health Mercy Council Bluffs in Council Bluffs, Iowa.
Council Bluffs is one of the fastest-growing cities in Iowa! This dynamic city is home to a broad array of public art, outdoor leisure, and other attractions. The city is a major part of the Omaha-Council Bluffs metropolitan region and Omaha's most populated suburb. It's across the river from Omaha, Nebraska, on the Missouri River's east bank.
This emergency department features 22 beds and sees an annual volume of approximately 26,000. Clinicians see 1.9-2.5 patients per hour. There are 26 hours of physician coverage and 16 hours of advanced practice clinician (APC) coverage. The EMR is EPIC.
- Competitive compensation
- Paid professional liability insurance and tail coverage
- Access to professional development tools, educational resources and CME through the TeamHealth Institute
- Potential career growth opportunities
- AHRQ listed Patient Safety Organization
- Autonomy within each emergency department
- Employee status with benefits
Council Bluffs is a great place to live and raise a family. It's steeped in history, natural beauty, and there is pride in the community, economic development and the progressive schools. It has been referred to as the Gateway to American West. It is noted for the beautiful Loess Hills, scenery, and outdoor recreation.