TeamHealth has an excellent opportunity for a full-time assistant medical director to join our leadership team in the emergency department at Putnam Hospital Center in Carmel, New York. This 23,000 volume emergency department offers 24 hours of physician coverage and advanced practice clinician coverage daily. We are now accepting applications from physicians who are are board certified or board eligible in emergency medicine with leadership experience.
- Paid professional liability insurance with tail coverage included
- Flexible administrative and clinical scheduling providing a great work/life balance
- Access to TeamHealth's clinician wellness program and referral program
- Access to CME, exclusive access to educational resources, professional development opportunities, live events and a dynamic online community of EM physicians who actively shape and improve the practice of emergency medicine
- Excellent stipend and hourly rate
- Access to leadership development programs such as Leadership Education and Development (LEAD), Coach Development Academy (CDA), Women in Leadership (WIL) and the National Medical Leadership Conference (NMLC)
- Potential to further your career by growing into local, regional and national leadership roles
Join our team in Carmel, NY!
Putnam Hospital (PH) is a 164-bed, acute care hospital offering medical, surgical, psychiatric and 24-hour emergency services. As the only hospital in Putnam County, Putnam Hospital has been serving the medical care needs of Putnam, northern Westchester and southern Dutchess counties since 1964. PH is a destination for advanced surgical services including minimally invasive orthopedics, bariatric surgery, da Vinci robotic assisted surgery, minimally invasive spine surgery, stroke care, 3D mammography, psychiatric care, maternity care, and four outpatient physical rehabilitation satellite facilities.
Established in 1793, Carmel, New York, encompasses a wealth of history and natural beauty. The town includes three hamlets: Carmel, Mahopac, and Mahopac Falls. Part of the Hudson Valley Region, the town has many beautiful parks and lakes, including Sycamore Park and Chamber Park, which are located near the shores of Lake Mahopac. There is also the North County Trailway that sits on part of Old Put railroad. Carmel has several registered historical sites such as the Gilead Cemetery, the Old Red Mills Historic Park, the Putnam County Courthouse, and the Red Memorial Library.