Are you looking for an emergency medicine (EM) physician opportunity with a great income and exceptional work-life balance? Look no further, and join us at TeamHealth St. Mary's Healthcare, Amsterdam, New York. This ideal location is 35 miles-from Albany, New York, with easy access to Mowhawk River, Adirondack Mountains, Lake George Region, Sacandaga Lake, and Saratoga Springs, New York. This community offers excellent cost of housing, parks, abundance of outdoor activates, canal curses, specialty museums, and more.
St. Mary's Healthcare Amsterdam:
- 150-bed acute care hospital
- Emergency department
- Non-designated trauma center
- 30,000 annual ED volume
- 16 ED beds
- Fast track
- 17% admission rate
- Medium to high acuity patients
- 12-hour EM physician shift times
- 24 hours of physician coverage daily
- 18 hours of APC coverage daily
- Average of 1.6-2 patients per hour
- Specialty support
- Imaging, lab, and emergency psychiatric services
- Meditech EMR
- Additional services include: behavioral health, birthing center, cancer care, primary care, women's health, urgent care, residential health, and outpatient pavilion
For more than 40 years, TeamHealth's history and national footprint in emergency medicine allows us to achieve the highest standards in care, informed by decades of evidence-based data. Our robust risk management programs are designed to help our physicians feel confident in their work. We harness a nationwide collection of tools, clinical resources, and collective knowledge for our emergency medicine physicians who provide the best for their patients. TeamHealth supports our physician teams, so you can do what you do best: provide unmatched patient care. We are physician-driven, patient-focused, and provide ample opportunities for growth as you develop your career in emergency medicine.
Apply today and join our emergency medicine team in Amsterdam!
- Independent contractor status
- Full-time and or part-time position
- New increased compensation approved
- Opportunity to receive additional bonus Incentives
- 12-hour shift times
- Flexible scheduling to create an excellent work-life balance
- Professional liability insurance with tail coverage
- Relocation assistance or travel stipend
- Generous sign-on bonus
- Referral bonus incentive
- Physician wellness program
- Professional career development
- Membership to TeamHealth National Patient Safety Organization
- TeamHealth Learning Institute to secure NY state and ACEP-sponsored CMEs
- Additional support: credentialing, clinician enrollment, billing, coding, online scheduling, clinical documentation, compliance, financial services programs, Perks at Work program to secure discounted services, and more
St. Mary's Healthcare Amsterdam
With 30,000 annual visits, this medium to high acuity emergency department offers 24-hours of physician coverage and 12-hours of advanced practice clinician coverage per day. The facility features 16 emergency department beds to serve 149 total beds with the closest trauma center in Albany.
History and culture
About 30 miles west of Albany, Amsterdam offers outdoor activities from stock car racing at Fonda Speedway to quieter pursuits at seven recreation areas. Here you can explore numerous parks, bike paths and historical sites. Golfers can enjoy courses, including one designed by Robert Trent Jones. Amsterdam has over 50 different local eateries where you can find something to eat. The city's recreation department hosts events throughout the year for the community's enjoyment.