TeamHealth has an exciting opportunity available for a full-time emergency medicine physician assistant or nurse practitioner to join the emergency department (ED) team at Putnam Hospital Center, a member of Nuvance Health in Carmel, New York. Our team treats 27,000 patients in this ED. Physician assistants and nurse practitioners work throughout the department and enjoy no overnight shifts. Qualified candidates must have prior emergency medicine experience in an advanced practice clinician role.
For more than 40 years, our history and national footprint in emergency medicine allows us to achieve the highest standards in care, informed by decades of evidence-based data. To that end, we've created robust risk management programs to help our clinicians feel confident in their work. Join a community of thousands of emergency medicine professionals to share and shape best practices. We harness a nationwide collection of tools, clinical resources and collective knowledge for our emergency medicine clinicians who provide the best for their patients.
- Great work-life balance with generous paid time off
- Excellent comprehensive benefits package including health, dental, and vision insurance, 401K with company match, an employee assistance program and more
- Access to professional development tools, educational resources and CME through Zenith
- Support from a nationwide network of world-class clinicians
- Access to TeamHealth's clinician wellness program and referral program
- Association with one of the largest integrated care providers in the country
- Practice with confidence as a member of TeamHealth's Patient Safety Organization
Putnam Hospital (PH) is a 164-bed, acute care hospital offering medical, surgical, psychiatric and 24-hour emergency services. As the only hospital in Putnam County, Putnam Hospital has been serving the medical care needs of Putnam, northern Westchester and southern Dutchess counties since 1964. PH is a destination for advanced surgical services including minimally invasive orthopedics, bariatric surgery, da Vinci robotic assisted surgery, minimally invasive spine surgery, stroke care, 3D mammography, psychiatric care, maternity care, and four outpatient physical rehabilitation satellite facilities.
Carmel, New York
Established in 1793, Carmel, New York, encompasses a wealth of history and natural beauty. The town includes three hamlets: Carmel, Mahopac, and Mahopac Falls. Part of the Hudson Valley Region, the town has many beautiful parks and lakes, including Sycamore Park and Chamber Park, which are located near the shores of Lake Mahopac. There is also the North County Trailway that sits on part of Old Put railroad. Carmel has several registered historical sites such as the Gilead Cemetery, the Old Red Mills Historic Park, the Putnam County Courthouse, and the Red Memorial Library.