TeamHealth has an an excellent opportunity available for an emergency medicine physician to join our team at Calais Community Hospital in Calais, Maine. This 8,000 annual volume emergency department offers 24-hour shifts. Located along the picturesque coast of Maine, this hospital is within driving distance from Portland and Bangor. Qualified candidates should be board certified or board eligible in emergency medicine or be primary care boarded with emergency medicine experience. This opportunity also qualifies for H-1B cap-exempt status.
For more than 40 years, TeamHealth's innovative national resources have supported our clinicians as they deliver the best possible patient care. Driven by our commitment to quality and safety, we are proud to be one of the largest integrated healthcare providers in the country.
TeamHealth clinicians receive administrative and legal support services, networks of communication, educational resources, professional development tools and access to join a community of thousands of world-class clinicians who share and shape best practices. We harness a nationwide collection of clinical resources and knowledge for our clinicians so you can focus on the medicine you want to practice and providing high-quality care to patients.
- Great work-life balance with flexible scheduling and 24-hour shifts
- Employed status with generous benefits package and excellent health benefits
- Competitive compensation, including travel stipend
- Intangible benefits like the mentorship and support of a national network of world-class emergency medicine experts
- Access to professional development tools, educational resources and CME through the TeamHealth Institute
- Paid professional liability insurance
- Access to TeamHealth's clinician wellness program and referral program
- Practice with confidence as a member of TeamHealth's National Patient Safety Organization
Calais Community Hospital
Calais Community Hospital (CCH) is a 25-bed critical access hospital for acute care and swing bed patients. The emergency department is staffed 24 hours. CCH serves northeastern Washington County with a population of about 14,000. At Calais Community Hospital the mission is to provide excellent clinical service using state of the art technology.
Beautiful town nestled on the Canadian Border and St. Croix River
Nestled right on the Canadian border and the beautiful St. Croix River, the city of Calais is known for its historic buildings and natural beauty. Calais is Maine's primary gateway to Canada and has a small town and very personable feel. Quality of life here is enhanced by an array of community facilities, numerous parks and recreational facilities.