TeamHealth has an outstanding opportunity to join a stable and highly-regarded hospital medicine program and make a difference in providing quality patient care as you grow and expand your knowledge and career as a daytime hospitalist. At Hendrick Medical Center North, a 500+bed regional medical center located in thriving Abilene, Texas, our hospitalists serve as the quarterback for the inpatient care team and embrace the comradery and the support of an experienced medical director, a veteran nursing staff and top-notch specialists available at your fingertips. Enjoy a desirable and flexible block schedule offering 12-hour shifts which allow you to have a quality of life. The ideal candidate for this position is internal medicine trained, passionate about hospital medicine, and embraces the idea of putting down roots in this mid-sized, micropolitan city with an abundance of amenities for all ages!
TeamHealth is one of the nation's leading healthcare organizations that specializes in hospital medicine. For more than 40 years, TeamHealth's national resources have supported our clinicians and physicians as they deliver the best possible patient care, across the full continuum of care. Join our nationwide team of world-class physicians, mentors and industry thought leaders! We are confident you will thrive being part of TeamHealth and the program at Hendrick Medical Center.
California Applicant Privacy Act: https://www.teamhealth.com/california-applicant-privacy-notice/
- Reputable and stable hospital medicine program
- Challenging and rewarding practice environment
- Regional medical center offering 500+ beds and all major specialties
- $25K sign-on incentive is available for qualified clinicians
- $20K relocation bonus
- $2k per month residency stipend, if applicable
- $10K per year for 3 years ($30K total) for medical school reimbursement, if applicable
- Flexible block schedule with 12-hour shifts
- Support of knowledgeable advanced practice clinicians in place
- Engaging medical director who genuinely cares about you and your well-being and professional growth
- Strong collaborative within the hospital medicine team, nursing staff and specialists
- Stability of a respected industry leader
- Access to TeamHealth's clinician wellness program and referral program
- Customized Society of Hospital Medicine (SHM) membership with access to CME, exclusive access to educational resources, professional development opportunities, live events and a dynamic online community of hospitalists who actively shape and improve the practice of hospital medicine
High-tech meets compassionate care
The Hendrick name reigns over a 522-bed medical center, a women's center, rehabilitation hospital, cancer center and numerous other innovative services. Hendrick continues to offer aggressive, innovative treatments and preventive healthcare measures ranging from services such as cancer screenings and pre-natal education courses to electro-physiology procedures and pediatric intensive care.
Micropolitan, University City to call Home!
No matter where you come from, you will find a little bit of everything in this university city of 120,000 located on 1-20 just 2+ hours west of Dallas-Fort Worth, Texas. The city offers three 4-year colleges and hosts annual events that celebrate the western lifestyle and values of the working ranch. Abilene's civic progressiveness and its logistic function as a regional center for distribution, commerce, industry, transportation, and education provide an assortment of lodging, dining, cultural, and shopping opportunities typically found only in much larger cities. Enjoy the local lakes, the arts, the Abilene zoo, and an abundance of parks. Explore why people come to Abilene and put down roots as their forever home!