Live where you want, practice where you're needed. Join a team of elite travel physicians as a full-time TeamHealth special operations hospitalist providing care in our LifePoint locations across the southeastern U.S. As part of the team, you'll gain a challenging, yet flexible career working in a diverse range of practice settings all while gaining first-class experience and an excellent compensation package.
As a part of our special operations hospitalist team, you will assist with hospitalist coverage across the southeast at our LifePoint programs in Georgia, North Carolina, Virginia, West Virginia and more. Our special ops physicians can practice in a variety of settings including small, rural facilities or large, regional care centers. TeamHealth supports you with licensure, travel, mentorship, credentialing support, leadership training and an excellent compensation package. And when you're off, you're off to enjoy your favorite activities outside of medicine.
To join this elite hospitalist special ops physician team, you should be board certified in internal medicine, able to round on 15-20 patients on a 12-hour shift and have flexibility in covering both day and night schedules. In addition, special ops physicians should be comfortable in a variety of practice settings and easily create good relationships with nursing and administrative staff. At TeamHealth, our purpose is to perfect the practice of medicine, every day, in everything we do.
- First class experience with first class pay
- Practice across your region but live where you want
- Independent contractor status
- Full-time position with 180 hours per month (15 shifts)
- Excellent alternative to locums with guaranteed shifts/hours
- Various practice settings with appropriate patient census
- Professional liability insurance with tail coverage
- Sign-on incentive and potential annual retention incentive available
- Outstanding risk management program
- Support of national network of hospitalist experts
- Reimbursement for licensure, certifications and travel
- LiveWell WorkLife services includes an associate assistance program and other emotional wellbeing initiatives
- Access to educational resources, professional development tools and free online CME through the TeamHealth Institute
TeamHealth Special Operations Team
Special operations team members are credentialed at multiple hospital medicine client sites within a specified region. A special ops team member must be adaptive and possess excellent communication skills and a team-player attitude. Flexibility and the ability to travel is a must. Ability to perform procedures is a plus. Willingness to work nights, weekends and some holidays is required and we offer very flexible schedules to accommodate your lifestyle!
Washington, D.C., is the capital of the United States. Located along the Potomac River on the country's East Coast, Washington and the District of Columbia are under the exclusive jurisdiction of Congress and are, therefore, not part of any U.S. state. In 2012, Washington had an estimated population of 632,323 and was listed as the 24th most populous place in the United States. Commuters from the surrounding Maryland and Virginia suburbs raise the city's population to more than one million during the workweek. The Washington Metropolitan Area has a population of 5.7 million, the seventh-largest metropolitan area in the country. Home to all three branches of the federal government and many national monuments and museums, the city hosts 176 foreign embassies as well as the headquarters of many international organizations, trade unions, non-profit organizations, lobbying groups, and professional associations.