Live and work in Austin, Texas, while you also travel to work where you're needed. Join a team of elite travel physicians as a full-time TeamHealth travel hospitalist providing care in locations across the Midwest and Western U.S. As part of the team, you'll gain a challenging, yet flexible career working in a diverse range of practice settings, all while gaining first-class experience and an excellent compensation package.
Our travel physicians can practice in a variety of settings including small, rural facilities or large, regional care centers. TeamHealth supports you with licensure, travel, mentorship, credentialing support, leadership training and an excellent compensation package. When you're off, you're off to enjoy your favorite activities outside of medicine.
To join this elite hospitalist physician team, you should be board certified in internal medicine, able to round on 18-20 patients in a 12-hour shift and have flexibility in covering both day and night schedules. In addition, physicians should be comfortable in a variety of practice settings and easily create good relationships with nursing and administrative staff. At TeamHealth, our purpose is to perfect the practice of medicine, every day, in everything we do.
Travel team members are credentialed at multiple hospital medicine client sites within a specified region. A travel team member must be adaptive and possess excellent communication skills and a team-player attitude. Flexibility and the ability to travel is a must. The ability to perform procedures is a plus. Willingness to work nights, weekends and some holidays is required, and we offer very flexible schedules to accommodate your lifestyle.
- First-class experience with first-class pay
- Practice across your region but live where you want
- Full-time position (14 shifts)
- Excellent alternative to locums with guaranteed shifts/hours
- Various practice settings with appropriate patient census
- Professional liability insurance with tail coverage
- Sign-on incentive and potential annual retention incentive available
- Outstanding risk management program
- Support of national network of hospitalist experts
- LiveWell WorkLife services includes an associate assistance program and other emotional wellbeing initiatives
- Access to educational resources, professional development tools and free online CME through the TeamHealth Institute
- W2 employee model with excellent benefits package including health, dental, vision, and retirement plan options.
St. David's South Austin Medical Center
St. David's South Austin Medical Center provides comprehensive care to South Austin and its surrounding communities. Built in 1982, the facility is nationally recognized for its cardiac program, and provides a fully renovated maternity unit with Level I and Level II nurseries as well as a thriving 24/7 emergency department.
Live Music Capital of the World
Austin, Texas, is the superb place with everything you need to live in paradise! The state capital of Texas is respectfully named after Stephen F. Austin, the founder of Texas. The Texas state capital offers everyone daily free tours for an unique experience on Texas history. This city is famously known for its eccentric art and music scene which is represented all over the city like Baylor Street and at the many museums. One top Downtown Austin hot spot is the 6th Street district where you can savor some of the nation's best microbreweries and restaurants. Go for a hike in the gateway to the hill country along scenic streams, waterfalls, and the popular swimming hole at Barton Springs Pool. In addition, Lake Travis is one popular lively attraction that offers boating, swimming, kayaking, and even its very own zip-line adventure park!