TeamHealth is growing our well-established hospitalist practice at Select Specialty Hospital located in Wichita, Kansas. We are actively interviewing board certified or board eligible Internal Medicine trained physicians with an interest in joining one of the most dynamic areas of care in medicine today. Physicians with active Kansas medical license preferred. Provide inpatient care and become part of one of the nation's leading and largest physician groups. TeamHealth supports our physician teams so that you can do what you do best: provide unmatched patient care. We are physician driven, patient-focused, and provide ample opportunities for growth as you develop your career with TeamHealth. This opportunity provides a flexible, shift scheduled program with excellent income potential. There is no night call. Procedures are required such as intubations and central lines. Select Specialty is a long term acute care hospital comprised of vent and wound patients. Patient average length of stay is 20+. Physicians develop strong patient connections due to the patients extended length-of-stay.
- Customize your own schedule to create your ideal work-life balance
- Excellent comprehensive benefits package
- Paid professional liability insurance with tail coverage
- Competitive compensation
- WRVU bonus program paid quarterly
- Support of a physician and a regional leadership team
- Documentation in gEHRimed is available remotely and ensures you are in step with other clinicians
- Practice at the top of your license—enjoy autonomy when caring for your patients
- Protected orientation time with best-in-class clinical training
- Backing of the leading provider of facilities-based medicine and largest network of post-acute care clinicians
- Dynamic field of healthcare with significant opportunities to innovate and improve patient care
- CME professional development opportunities through the TeamHealth Institute
- Zenith communication app allows you to consult with colleagues and stay connected
- Membership in the highly-regarded TeamHealth Patient Safety Organization
Practice Made Perfect
At TeamHealth, our purpose is to perfect the practice of medicine, every day, in everything we do.
We are proud to be the leading physician practice in the U.S., driven by our commitment to quality and safety and supported by our world-class operating team. To improve the experience of our physicians and advanced practice clinicians, we empower them to act on what they believe is right, free clinicians from distractions so they can focus on patient care, invest in learning and development to promote growth in the clinical field and foster an environment where continuous improvement is a shared priority.
Don't miss out on calling Wichita, Kansas home . . . you will be amazed at what the largest city in the state of Kansas can offer you! With a city population of around 390,000 and a metropolitan area of over 650,000, Wichita is an industrial, cultural, educational and entertainment hub and is called "The Air Capital of the World' with its US aircraft production. It is home to McConnell Air Force Base, several museums, performing arts groups, theatres, a local zoo and botanical garden, parks, a busy airport, and entertainment venues such as the Intrust Bank Arena with a capacity up to 15,000. Koch Industries and Cargill, the two largest privately held companies in the country, both operate their headquarters in Wichita. Healthcare is Wichita's second-largest industry, employing more than 28,000 in the local area. Wichita is an ideal location to raise your family as the area offers excellent public school options along with more than 35 private or parochial schooling options. Higher education is available with Wichita State University, Friends University and Newman University. Revitalized areas of the city such as Old Town consists of various local restaurants, bars, nightclubs, movie theaters, shops, apartment/condos; many of which make use of historical warehouse-style spaces. Plenty of outdoor recreational activities for all ages including green trails for running/biking, organized sports, and professional hockey and baseball teams. Metro amenities at your fingertips!