Join a team of elite physicians, as a full-time TeamHealth hospitalist covering our Covenant Hospital Medicine programs in east Tennessee! As part of the team, you’ll gain a challenging, yet flexible career working in a diverse range of practice settings – all while gaining first-class experience and an excellent compensation package.
Practice in a variety of settings including small, rural facilities or large, regional care centers. TeamHealth supports you with mentorship, credentialing support and leadership training. When you’re off – you’re off, to enjoy your favorite activities outside of medicine.
To join this elite hospitalist physician team, you should be board certified in internal medicine or family medicine, able to round on 18-20 patients in a 12-hour shift, and have flexibility in covering both day and night schedules. In addition, you should be comfortable in a variety of practice settings and easily create good relationships with nursing and administrative staff.
- Generous sign-on bonus
- Highly competitive rate with wRVU bonus
- Flexible scheduling
- Employee status
- Health and benefit package
- Free CME through the TeamHealth Institute
- Scheduling and credentialing
- Access to TeamHealth's clinician wellness program and referral program
- Stability of a respected industry leader
- Leadership and growth opportunities to further your career
- Practice with confidence as a member of TeamHealth's national Patient Safety Organization
- Customized Society of Hospital Medicine (SHM) membership with access to CME, exclusive access to educational resources, professional development opportunities, live events and a dynamic online community of hospitalists who actively shape and improve the practice of hospital medicine
A growing city in the Great Smoky Mountains!
Home to The University of Tennessee and the corporate headquarters of many national companies, Knoxville offers excellent public schools, a low cost of living and no state income tax. Add to those perks, endless outdoor recreation opportunities, a growing culinary scene, great family entertainment availability and an active music scene that includes the Knoxville Symphony Orchestra. With more than 100 miles of greenways and bike trails, Knoxville is the outdoor enthusiast's dream. Go paddle boarding or kayaking with friends on the Tennessee River or in one of the many local lakes and quarries, or skip over to south Knoxville's Urban Wilderness for paved and off-road biking trails. For those looking for a challenge, the Great Smoky Mountains National Park is just an hour away with access to the famous Appalachian Trail! Outdoor activities, however, are just part of the fun this city offers. Its growing downtown area features restaurants, shopping, pubs and much more. Stop by the vintage Phoenix Pharmacy and Fountain for root beer floats or sundaes, go bowling at Maple Hall where you can enjoy delicious cocktails and appetizers, or eat at one of the many regionally recognized restaurants. This mid-sized city has much to explore and offers easy access to other large cities like Chattanooga, Asheville, Nashville, Atlanta and Lexington.