TeamHealth has a leadership opportunity for an experienced OB/Gyn physician to lead our OB/Gyn hospitalist teams in the Bakersfield, California, area as a regional medical director.
Ideal candidates will be board-certified with a leadership background in OB/Gyn, able to demonstrate clinical excellence with superior communication skills, collaborate with medical directors, and practice clinically at the designated facility. Qualifications also include a current or in-process California license to practice, have active and current skills in the full breadth of the OB/Gyn specialty with the skill set and confidence to be the only covering provider in the event of an emergency, and a focus on providing quality care, placing the patient above all other considerations.
Other requirements include the ability to partner with nursing staff and support in-house call coverage for community providers, a willingness to drive patient safety and quality initiatives as required by the TeamHealth Patient Safety Organization. We offer insurability for professional liability insurance. We ask that you have at least three years of active practice and a successful track record.
- Employed position
- Clinical schedule, 7 to 8, 24 hour in-house shifts per month
- Competitive compensation to include full benefits package
- Leadership stipend
- Paid professional liability insurance with tail guarantee
- Access professional development tools, education resources and CME credits through TeamHealth's online community
- Enrollment in TeamHealth's Patient Safety Organization
- Access to TeamHealth's wellness program