TeamHealth is seeking a full-time physician to join our established hospitalist medicine program at Progress West Hospital located in O'Fallon, Missouri, a desirable suburb of St. Louis. Enjoy a flexible block schedule of 7 days on, 7 days off, the support of seasoned advanced practice clinicians, and access to a good representation of specialists on the medical staff. “Trio” rounding is in place to focus on communication among healthcare team members, patient safety, length of stay, and patient satisfaction.
We prefer applicants who are able to start with us no later than the end of 2021. To be considered, you must be comfortable with an open ICU which involves co-management of the patient with an Intensivist without procedures required. We encourage internal medicine and family medicine residency trained physicians to apply and learn more about our new compensation package being offered!
This position has the potential to transition into a leadership opportunity as a clinical Hospitalist Medical Director for the right individual.
In today’s hospital medicine environment, you are asked to deliver patient care with a high level of confidence. That’s why TeamHealth puts you in the best position, with the education, training, risk management resources and support to anticipate patient needs and act on them. At TeamHealth, our purpose is to perfect our physicians’ ability to practice medicine, every day, in everything we do. Our philosophy is as simple as our goal is singular: we believe better experiences for clinicians lead to better outcomes—for patients, partners, and clinicians alike.
- Established hospitalist program with a solid foundation in place.
- Excellent rapport and support from the Chief Medical Officer and Administration.
- Collegial practice environment with an engaging nursing staff, emergency department clinicians, and specialists.
- Experienced advanced practice clinicians to assist with the care of patients within the service line.
- Environment where you can grow as a provider.
- Enjoy the stability of a respected industry leader in hospitalist medicine.
- Receive customized Society of Hospital Medicine (SHM) membership with access to CME, exclusive access to educational resources, professional development opportunities, live events and a dynamic online community of hospitalists who actively shape and improve the practice of hospital medicine
- Access to TeamHealth's clinician wellness program and referral program
- Access to professional development tools, educational resources, and a robust CME program offerings through TeamHealth Institute
- Access to leadership development programs such as Leadership Education and Development (LEAD), Coach Development Academy (CDA), National Medical Leadership Conference (NMLC) and diversity and inclusion programs
Progress West Hospital
Progress West Hospital is a 72-bed facility that provides a comprehensive range of care to the residents of O'Fallon and greater St. Louis, Missouri. The facility is partnered with St. Louis Children's Hospital and Barnes-Jewish St. Peters Hospital to provide world-class care. Progress West is affiliated with BJC Healthcare, ranked one of the top workplaces by the St. Louis Post Dispatch - the only healthcare system to make the list. BJC Healthcare hospitals have been recognized on the U.S. News & World Report Honor Roll of America's top Hospital and Best Children's Hospitals.
The Gateway City!
Home of the Gateway Arch, St. Louis's most famous attraction memorializes the 19th century explorations of Lewis and Clark and America's westward expansion. St. Louis offers world-class museums, upscale shopping, a well-developed food scene, cultural events and entertainment. Visitors can ride to the top of the arch for grand views of St. Louis and the Missouri river. Cheer on the St. Louis Cardinals at Busch Stadium or the St. Louis Blues at the Scott Trade Center. Enjoy live theater at the historic Fabulous Fox or The Muny, the nation's largest outdoor amphitheater dedicated to musical theater. Grab a bite on the Delmar Loop and shop at one of the many specialty boutiques along the way.
Enjoy high-quality living with top-notch amenities and services. 1,000 acres of parkland and accessible playgrounds surround the city in nearby suburbs, providing endless opportunities for outdoor recreation. Relax during a stroll through the serene Missouri Botanical Garden. For family fun, explore the St. Louis Zoo or World Aquarium. The City Museum invites you to its indoor-outdoor discovery playground that will delight children and adults alike. With easy access to major entertainment, an international airport, amusement parks and other attractions, St. Louis is an exciting place to call home.