Join our Emergency Department team as a Full-Time Physician at Waterbury Hospital in Waterbury, Connecticut! Waterbury Hospital is a world-class, award-winning facility with 22 ED beds and an annual volume of 47,000. This hospital has an admission rate of of 18%.
We ask that you be ABEM or AOBEM eligible or certified within 5 years of residency. ACLS, ATLS, and PALS certifications are required.
At TeamHealth, our purpose is to perfect our physicians’ ability to practice medicine, every day, in everything we do. Our philosophy is as simple as our goal is singular: we believe better experiences for physicians lead to better outcomes—for patients, partners, and physicians alike.
- Independent contractor model
- Excellent work/life balance with flexible scheduling
- Competitive compensation
- Professional liability insurance with tail coverage
- Access to TeamHealth's clinician wellness program
- Association with a leading physician practice in the U.S.
- Stability of a respected industry leader
- Access to professional development tools, educational resources, and CME through the TeamHealth Institute
- Leadership and growth opportunities to further your career
The quality of healthcare delivered here is continually recognized by various national organizations. In 2015, U.S. News and World Report named Waterbury Hospital a Best Regional Hospital. The hospital has also received accolades for its excellence in pulmonary care and its technology.
Waterbury is a Great Family Town
Waterbury is located on the Naugatuck River, 30 miles from Hartford and almost 80 miles from New York City. In 2008, NBC's Today named Waterbury one of the 100 best places to raise a family based on quality of life and safety, quality of schools, student-teacher ratios, test scores and budgets. Whether you're looking to enjoy a Broadway play at the historic Palace Theater, take in an art exhibit at the Mattatuck Museum, travel through time at the Timexpo Museum, or hit the fairway at one of our courses, you'll find it in Waterbury.