Live where you want. Practice where you’re needed. Join a team of elite travel physicians as a full-time TeamHealth Special Operations Hospitalist providing care in locations across the southeastern U.S. As part of the team, you’ll gain a challenging, yet flexible career working in a diverse range of practice settings – all while gaining first-class experience and an excellent compensation package.
As a part of our Special Operations Hospitalist team, you will assist with hospitalist coverage across the Southeast in the locations of Georgia, Florida, Virginia, South Carolina, Tennessee, North Carolina, Kentucky, Alabama, Mississippi, Louisiana and Arkansas. Our Special Ops physician can practice in a variety of settings including small, rural facilities or large, regional care centers. TeamHealth supports you with licensure, travel, mentorship, credentialing support, leadership training and an excellent compensation package. And when you’re off – you’re off, to enjoy your favorite activities outside of medicine.
To join this elite Hospitalist Special Ops physician team, you should be board certified in internal medicine, able to round on 18-20 patients on a 12-hour shift and have flexibility in covering both day and night schedules. In addition, Special Ops physicians should be comfortable in a variety of practice settings and easily create good relationships with nursing and administrative staff.
At TeamHealth, our purpose is to perfect the practice of medicine, every day, in everything we do.
- First-class experience with first-class pay
- Practice across your region but live where you want
- Independent Contractor status
- Full-time position with 120 hours per month (10 shifts)
- Excellent alternative to locums with guaranteed shifts/hours
- Various practice settings with appropriate patient census
- Professional liability insurance with tail coverage
- Sign-on incentive and potential annual retention incentive available
- Outstanding risk management program
- Support of national network of hospitalist experts
- Reimbursement for licensure, certifications and travel
- LiveWell WorkLife services includes an associate assistance program and other emotional wellbeing initiatives
- Access to educational resources, professional development tools and free online CME
Special Ops Physician
Special Ops team members are credentialed at multiple hospital medicine client sites within a specified region. A Special Ops team member must be adaptive and possess excellent communication skills and a team-player attitude. Flexibility and the ability to travel is a must. Ability to perform procedures is a plus. Willingness to work nights, weekends and some holidays is required and we offer very flexible schedules to accommodate your lifestyle!
Live in Mobile (or anywhere you like) and we will fly to work where needed in the Southeast
Mobile combines Southern tradition, beauty, and charm with all of the elements of a fast-growing successful community. Mobile is only 30 minutes from the sandy white beaches of Dauphin Island and close to the mountains of northern Alabama. Deep water sports, shopping, theatre, and golfing are all offered in Mobile.