Live where you want and practice where you’re needed. Join a team of elite travel physicians, as a full-time TeamHealth Special Operations Hospitalist, who provide care in locations across the southeastern U.S. As part of the team, you’ll gain a challenging, yet flexible career working in a diverse range of practice settings – all while gaining first-class experience and an excellent compensation package.
As a part of our Special Operations Hospitalist team, you will assist with hospitalist coverage across the Southeast in the locations of Georgia, Florida, Virginia, South Carolina, Tennessee, North Carolina, Kentucky, Alabama, Mississippi, Louisiana and Arkansas. Our Special Ops physician can practice in a variety of settings including small, rural facilities or large, regional care centers. TeamHealth supports you with licensure, travel, mentorship, credentialing support, leadership training and an excellent compensation package. And when you’re off – you’re off, to enjoy your favorite activities outside of medicine.
To join this elite Hospitalist Special Ops physician team, you should be board certified in internal medicine, able to round on 18-20 patients on a 12-hour shift and have flexibility in covering both day and night schedules. In addition, Special Ops physicians should be comfortable in a variety of practice settings and easily create good relationships with nursing and administrative staff.
At TeamHealth, our purpose is to perfect the practice of medicine, every day, in everything we do.
- First-class experience with first-class pay
- Practice across your region but live where you want
- Independent Contractor status
- Full-time position with 120 hours per month (10 shifts)
- Excellent alternative to locums with guaranteed shifts/hours
- Various practice settings with appropriate patient census
- Professional liability insurance with tail coverage
- Sign-on incentive and potential annual retention incentive available
- Outstanding risk management program
- Support of national network of hospitalist experts
- Reimbursement for licensure, certifications and travel
- LiveWell WorkLife services includes an associate assistance program and other emotional wellbeing initiatives
- Access to educational resources, professional development tools and free online CME
Special Ops Physician
Special Ops team members are credentialed at multiple hospital medicine client sites within a specified region. A Special Ops team member must be adaptive and possess excellent communication skills and a team-player attitude. Flexibility and the ability to travel is a must. Ability to perform procedures is a plus. Willingness to work nights, weekends and some holidays is required and we offer very flexible schedules to accommodate your lifestyle!
Live in Charleston (or anywhere else) and we will fly you to work where needed in the Southeast
Picturesque and exquisitely preserved, Charleston is a visual feast of antebellum architecture, cobblestone streets, flickering lanterns, and historic landmarks. Paddle through a saltmarsh at sunrise, hit the fairway midmorning, build a sandcastle, go sailing at sunset...Charleston can get everyone outdoors! For more than 300 years, Charleston's beauty has inspired painters, poets, playwrights, and musicians. Want an acclaimed restaurant scene? Pristine seafood? Lowcountry cuisine? Whatever it is, Charleston satisfies every taste. Charleston offers everything from family fun to exciting nightlife!