TeamHealth has an opportunity for a full-time Medical Director to join our emergency department team at St. Mary's Healthcare Hospital in Amsterdam, New York.
This hospital has 16 ED beds and sees a medium to high acuity population. This is not a Trauma Center, with the closest being in Albany. Schedules are in 12 hours shifts and run 7:00 - 7:00 with Mid-Level backup at a rate of 1.8 patients per hour.
This position offers a substantial Sign-On Bonus, Director Stipend and relocation. Candidates must be Board Certified in Emergency Medicine.
- Independent contractor model WITH BENEFITS
- Director stipend
- Excellent work/life balance with flexible scheduling
- Competitive compensation
- Enhanced sign on bonus
- Relocation assistance
- Professional liability insurance with tail coverage
- Access to TeamHealth's clinician wellness program and referral program
- Association with a leading physician practice in the U.S.
- Stability of a respected industry leader
- Access to professional development tools, educational resources and CME through the TeamHealth Institute
- Leadership and growth opportunities to further your career
History and culture
About 30 miles west of Albany, Amsterdam offers outdoor activities from stock car racing at Fonda Speedway to quieter pursuits at seven recreation areas. Here you can explore numerous parks, bike paths and historical sites. Golfers can enjoy courses, including one designed by Robert Trent Jones. Amsterdam has over 50 different local eateries where you can find something to eat. The city's recreation department hosts events throughout the year for the community's enjoyment.