TeamHealth has an excellent opportunity for a pediatric emergency physician to join our ED team at Summerville Medical Center in Summerville, SC.
This top-of the-line pediatric emergency care center and compassionate team of Pediatric Emergency Medicine specialists are dedicated to serving the Charleston community. Headed by our facility medical director, this experienced care team treats children from infancy to adolescence.
The city of Charleston is known for rich history, well-preserved architecture, coastal location, celebrated restaurant community, and mannerly people. While indeed a veritable living museum, the Charleston area is also a bustling epicenter of hospitality and was voted #1 Top City in the United States by readers of Condé Nast Traveler and Travel+Leisure
• 120 bed hospital
• 15,000 annual volume
• Meditech EMR
• Dedicated Pediatric ICU and Intensivist
• Pediatric Surgery, Pediatric Ortho and Pediatric GI Sub Specialist on staff
• Board Certified in Pediatric Emergency Medicine
• Pediatric Residency or Fellowship
• Access to professional development tools, educational resources, and CME through TeamHealth Institute
• Professional liability insurance with tail coverage
• Outstanding location
• Access to TeamHealth’s clinician wellness program and referral program
• Association with leading physician practice in the United States
• Leadership and growth opportunities to further your career
• Practice with confidence as a member of TeamHealth’s national Patient Safety Organization
- Excellent benefits available
- Access to TeamHealth's clinician wellness program
- Stability of a respected industry leader
- Access to professional development tools, educational resources and CME through TeamHealth Institute
Leader of healthcare in the Lowcountry
Summerville Medical Center is a 94-bed, acute-care hospital with a 24-hour emergency room and comprehensive medical services. The facility enjoys an enviable reputation for its cardiac services, pediatrics, and women's services including home-like birthing suites. Some of our accolades include being named a Joint Commission Accredited Chest Pain Center, Certified Stroke Center, Certified Advanced Heart Failure, Certified Total Hip and Knee Replacement, and Top Hospital for Quality Performance. We've also been awarded the following from the American Heart Association's Get with the Guidelines: Gold Plus in Heart Failure, Gold in AMI, and Bronze in Stroke.
Sweet Home South Carolina
Settled after the American Revolutionary War, Summerville officially became a town in 1847. Summerville is mostly situated in Dorchester County, South Carolina with small portions of the county reaching into Berkeley and Charleston counties. The town limits extend to the Ashely River next to the Old Fort Dorchester State Historical Park. Summerville has hosted the annual Flowertown Festival since 1973. It is the largest arts and crafts festival in South Carolina and is held the first weekend of April. Enjoy the rich culture, history and attractions Charleston, South Carolina has to offer within an hour's drive.