TeamHealth has an excellent opportunity for a physician to join our OB/GYN Hospitalist team full-time at Winter Haven Women’s Hospital in Winter Haven, Florida. The ideal candidate will be a board-certified OB/GYN physician (MD or DO) who demonstrates clinical excellence, possesses superior communication skills, and is focused on providing quality care and placing the patient above all other considerations. Other qualifications include active and current skills in the full breadth of the OB/GYN specialty, a current Florida license to practice and a willingness to drive patient safety and quality initiatives as required by the TeamHealth Patient Safety Organization. Insurability for malpractice insurance, at least 3 years of active practice experience, and a successful track record are all required for the position. TeamHealth is the industry leader in providing integrated hospital-based services offering the ability to grow professionally through CME and training created and provided by TeamHealth Institute.
- Potential bonus opportunity
- Excellent work-life balance: full-time entails providing only seven to eight 24-hour in-house shifts per month
- Employed position offering competitive pay & a full benefits package
- Paid malpractice with tail coverage provided
- No responsibilities while off
- Priceless intangible benefits like the mentorship and support of a national network of world-class leaders
- Access to TeamHealth's clinician wellness program and referral program
- Stability of a respected industry leader
- Practice with confidence as a member of TeamHealth's national Patient Safety Organization
Community-focused, award-winning care
Founded in 1926, Winter Haven Hospital is a 458-bed hospital with an outstanding reputation for providing unmatched patient-centered care. Boasting a long list of awards, designations and distinctions, Winter Haven Hospital is a Magnet Nursing Center of Excellence, an Advanced Primary Stroke Center and home to a nationally recognized open-heart surgery program. This state-of-the-art facility invests in its community through academic partnerships with the University of Florida, the University of South Florida and many other regional colleges and universities to offer a robust medical library and continuing education programs.
Welcome to warm sunshine!
Within an hour of Tampa and Orlando area attractions and less than 75 miles from the Kennedy Space Center and ocean beaches, Winter Haven boasts affordable living, mild climates, and 14 freshwater lakes. Besides all the entertainment, recreational, and cultural treasures so close by, there are local attractions as well. Historic Bok Sanctuary offers aesthetic and cultural renewal with the Olmsted gardens, the music of a singing carillon tower, a walking trail, and the splendor of Pinewood Estate. Winter Haven is also home to Fantasy of Flight, an aviation-themed attraction featuring the story of early flight through World War II and beyond.