TeamHealth has an exciting opportunity available for an infectious diseases physician to join our inpatient practice at Lawrence + Memorial Hospital. Maximize your work-life balance in the coastal community of New London, Connecticut, with our flexible blocked scheduling.
This is an excellent opportunity for a 2021 fellow or experienced physician. Practice in a supportive culture with skilled support staff in place. This positions features a block schedule with 10-hour shifts and no call after shift. Physicians typically see 15-17 patients per shift.
We ask that you be board certified or eligible in infectious diseases to apply.
TeamHealth is one of the nation’s leading healthcare organizations that specializes in hospital medicine. For more than four decades, we have honed every aspect needed to support our clinician teams so that you can do what you do best. Our leaders are some of the best in the country!
You’ll be able to learn and grow alongside the best, with mentors, education and avenues for professional development that feed into your career path at TeamHealth. You’ll also have all the benefits of our powerful national network with rigorous risk management to feel confident in your work.
Join a community of thousands of hospital medicine professionals to share and shape best practices. We harness a nationwide collection of tools, clinical resources and collective knowledge for our hospital medicine clinicians who provide the best for their patients.
- Employed position with comprehensive benefits package including great health benefits
- Stability of a respected industry leader
- Paid professional liability insurance including tail coverage
- Access to TeamHealth's clinician wellness program
- Ideal for the physician who welcomes community medicine
- Growth and leadership opportunities to further your career
- Association with a leading physician practice in the country
- Customized Society of Hospital Medicine (SHM) membership with access to CME, exclusive access to educational resources, professional development opportunities, live events and a dynamic online community of hospitalists who actively shape and improve the practice of hospital medicine
- Visa eligible
Practice Made Perfect
We are proud to be the leading physician practice in the U.S., driven by our commitment to quality and safety and supported by our world-class operating team. To improve the experience of our physicians and advanced practice clinicians, we empower them to act on what they believe is right, free clinicians from distractions so they can focus on patient care, invest in learning and development to promote growth in the clinical field and foster an environment where continuous improvement is a shared priority.
Maritime Living in New England
Located midway between New York City and Boston on the shores of the Thames River and Long Island Sound, New London is steeped in New England culture. A sense of community defines this charming city, which is home to important historic landmarks, acres of public parks and many museums. With a population of just over 25,000, New London provides a wonderful small-town atmosphere in which to raise a family and the rich cultural scene of a unique maritime atmosphere.