TeamHealth is seeking a highly skilled physician assistant or nurse practitioner to join our emergency medicine team at St. Francis Hospital in Columbus, Georgia. We have day, mid and evening shifts available.
Prior emergency medicine or urgent care experience as an advanced practice clinician is required. Candidates must have a current Georgia license, DEA, as well as ATLS/ACLS/PALS certifications.
- Access to professional development tools, educational resources and CME through the TeamHealth Institute
- Fully paid professional liability insurance (with tail)
- Health, dental, vision, short-term & long-term disability insurance
- 401K, paid time off and concierge service
- Access to TeamHealth's clinician wellness program and referral program
- Stability of a respected industry leader
- Practice with confidence as a member of our national Patient Safety Organization
Full range of care
St. Francis Hospital is a 376-bed facility employing more than 2,700 employees and 300 physicians. It provides inpatient, outpatient and emergency medicine services, and offers the only open heart surgery program in the area. In 2017, St. Francis received a 5-star rating from the Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services. It is a highly ranked hospital and the only hospital in the region to have earned acute coronary syndrome care certification from the Joint Commission.
Directly across the Chattahoochee River, Columbus has a classically restored and lively downtown. It is only 90 minutes south of Atlanta, four hours from Savannah and a short drive to the beautiful, white sand beaches on the Florida Panhandle. Columbus has a strong public and private school system. Many companies are headquartered here. With a population of about 200,000, Columbus is home to many museums, including the National Civil War Naval Museum and Coca-Cola Space Science Museum. There is something for everyone in Columbus, from biking and white water rafting, to geocaching, bird-watching and zip lining. Take a stroll along the lovely pedestrian trail that winds through the city! Columbus has a humid subtropical climate with daytime summer temperatures often reaching highs in the mid-90s and low temperatures in the winter averaging in the upper 30s.