TeamHealth is seeking an acute care nurse practitioner with previous or current ICU hospitalist experience as a nurse practitioner to join our team at UChicago Medicine Ingalls Memorial Hospital in Harvey, Illinois. We will also consider a family nurse practitioner that is currently working in the ICU department. This opportunity is not open to new graduates at this time due to the acuity level and the need to practice independently in the department.
Previous experience as a hospitalist nurse practitioner and working with admissions in a hospital setting is preferred. This position will require the advanced practice clinician to work independently (sole provider on night shift) in the ICU department, providing treatment to patients in the ICU and will also assist the hospitalist with handling admissions.
Shifts are from 7pm to 7am and the candidate must be available for all shifts, to include weekends and holidays.
- Paid professional liability insurance with tail coverage
- Competitive pay
- Comprehensive benefits package including dental, health and vision insurance, PTO, a retirement plan and more
- Customized Society of Hospital Medicine (SHM) membership with access to CME, exclusive access to educational resources, professional development opportunities, live events and a dynamic online community of hospitalists who actively shape and improve the practice of hospital medicine
- Access to TeamHealth's clinician wellness program, employee assistance program and referral program
- Stability through association with the leading clinician practice in the country
Ingalls Memorial Hospital
Ingalls Memorial Hospital has grown to become a 478-bed, nationally recognized health system that spans over 22 acres, offering a full array of health care services. Ingalls has earned a national reputation and commendations for cancer, stroke, neurosciences and orthopedics. UChicago Medicine Ingalls Memorial Hospital has pioneered sophisticated clinical care for nearly a century while developing the area's most convenient network of comprehensive outpatient centers. In addition to inpatient care, we provide an array of other services, including on-site X-rays, mammography, laboratory services, cancer screening, other radiology services, and echo and stress testing.
The city of Harvey, Illinois, lies in the heart of Chicago's Southland and is only 30 minutes from downtown Chicago. More than 15 parks offer basketball, picnic areas, and recreational facilities. Harvey is home to many professional athletes and offers numerous facilities and recreational areas to support athletic events.