TeamHealth has an excellent full-time Facility Medical Director opportunity for a physician to lead our intensivist team at Piedmont Medical Center in Rock Hill, South Carolina, a suburb of Charlotte, North Carolina.
The Medical Director is responsible for the oversight and support of all clinical and non-clinical activities provided by the intensivist program. Other responsibilities include creating a team culture that values high performance and excellent patient care and ensuring that team members are engaged and their efforts align with the quality, safety and efficiency goals of the hospital.
The Medical Director along with TeamHealth support staff, will strive to maintain a strong partnership between TeamHealth and the facility, resulting in the highest quality of patient care.
Other position highlights include but are not limited to:
- Managing the program to achieve clinical, operational and financial goals; strategic planning responsibilities such as physician communications, business development, manage care strategies, and more.
- Participating in clinical oversight of the practice.
- Leading recruitment, orientation and on-boarding of new hire clinicians.
- Monitoring individual intensivist performance, providing feedback and coordinating interventions.
- Completing routine performance reviews, as needed.
- Working with the Regional Medical Director and Vice President of Operations to adhere to the facility contractual requirements and operating budget and ensure client satisfaction.
- Meeting regularly with other department leaders including TeamHealth Medical Directors from our Hospital Medicine and Emergency Medicine programs and medical staff to establish effective and collaborative relationships.
- Attractive compensation package
- Employed position with health benefits, retirement, etc
- Strong salary including a monthly Medical Director stipend
- Quality & RVU bonus
- Sign-on/relocation bonus
- Malpractice with tail coverage provided
Piedmont Medical Center
A 288-bed facility, Piedmont Medical Center is a full service hospital in Rock Hill, South Carolina, providing a continuum of medical care, state-of-the-art technology and equipment, and a vast network of experienced physicians and nurses. This facility features a Level III Trauma Center, Women's Center, Imaging and Laboratory services, Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy, Labor and Delivery services, Orthopedics, a Heart Center and more. Piedmont Medical Center offers world-class care to the community and is well-awarded and accredited for its excellence in Cardiac Care, Stroke Care, Patient Safety, Imaging, Diabetes Management and Women's Care.
Rock Hill, SC
Rock Hill is the largest city in York County, South Carolina and the fifth-largest city in the state. With world-renowned sports facilities, rich history and genuine southern hospitality, Rock Hill offers something for everybody. Whether you're here for a tournament, festival, college visitation or just passing through, you'll quickly learn why Rock Hill rocks!