TeamHealth is seeking a Hospital Medicine leader for the role of Facility Medical Director at Colleton Medical Center located in Walterboro, South Carolina. This leadership opportunity will report directly to the Regional Medical Director and Vice President of Operations and will be responsible for the oversight of a growing team of clinicians and advanced practice clinicians.
As Facility Medical Director (FMD), you will be responsible for developing and sustaining relationships, impacting clinical strategies and workflows that promote practice, patient satisfaction and improve value-based healthcare delivery. As FMD, you will be responsible for managing the clinical, financial, human and capital resources of the facility.
TeamHealth is a physician-led, patient-focused company with over 16,000 clinicians. Founded by doctors, for doctors, our success stems from the ingenuity, dedicated teamwork and integrity of our people. At TeamHealth, our purpose is to perfect the practice of medicine, every day, in everything we do. We are proud to be the leading physician practice in the United States, driven by our commitment to quality and safety and supported by our world-class operating team.
Duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Attend hospital general medical staff meetings and serve as a representative on hospital committees
- Produce and manage FMD report to appropriate Regional Medical Director (“RMD”), Senior Vice President (“SVP”), Executive Vice President (“EVP”), and Vice President Operations (“VPO”)
- Schedule, conduct and report on monthly or bi-monthly Departmental meetings
- Manage staffing schedule and a core team of twenty (20) providers
- Produce and execute a yearly Departmental strategic plan
- Attend monthly goal progress meetings with hospital administration along with RMD and VPO
- Partner with the IM program director to develop departmental initiatives related to the GME program
- Attend leadership training programs provided by TeamHealth
- Medical degree (MD or DO) required
- Board certified in Internal Medicine or Family Medicine
- Ideal candidate will have 3 to 5 years of previous leadership or administrative experience
- Have strong administrative and team building skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
Review of applications will begin immediately. Candidates should submit a letter of application including professional accomplishments and curriculum vitae.
- Association with the leading physician practice in the country
- Competitive compensation
- Excellent comprehensive benefits package
- Access to leadership development programs such as LEADership Fundamentals, LEAD (Leadership Education and Development), CDA (Coach Development Academy), the Diversity and Inclusion Committee, and the National Medical Leadership Conference (NMLC)
- Customized Society of Hospital Medicine (SHM) membership with access to CME, exclusive access to educational resources, professional development opportunities, live events and a dynamic online community of hospitalists who actively shape and improve the practice of hospital medicine
- Practice with confidence as a member of TeamHealth's national Patient Safety Organization
Located in the heart of Walterboro, Colleton Medical Center has a longstanding history as a leader in the community with a commitment to patient-centered care. This 135-bed facility offers both inpatient and outpatient medical services, as well as 24/7 Emergency Medicine care for adults and children. The Joint Commission named Colleton Medical Center a Top Performer on Key Quality Measures for four consecutive years and the facility ranks in the top 15 percent of U.S. hospitals for quality care. Colleton Medical Center is an HCA-owned facility, focused on providing innovative, state-of-the-art technologies to physician teams in a variety of specialties and offering events for community members on important health and well-being topics.
The front porch of the Lowcountry
Established in 1826, Walterboro offers the best of South Carolina. Not only does Walterboro offer rich history and serve as the artistic center for South Carolina, the city also marks the beginning of the Lowcountry. Walterboro maintains a balance between being the economic heart of Colleton County and preserving its small town character. Anchored by the South Carolina Artisans Center, the official Folk Art and Craft Center of the State, and the new Colleton County Museum and Farmer's Market, Walterboro has upscale shopping centers, spacious parks, cultural events, and easy access to Charleston, Savannah, and Columbia bring big city convenience to a small town atmosphere. The ambiance and quality of life in Walterboro makes it the community of choice!