TeamHealth is seeking a full-time Nocturnist to provide coverage and respond to codes in the 22-bed ICU at Del Sol Medical Center - East in El Paso, Texas. The position will have the support of 2nd and 3rd year residents. To apply, you must be able to perform procedures.
This position only covers the ICU and does not cover the daily census of patients in the Medsurge. Only board eligible and board certified internal medicine physicians will be considered for this position. Candidates must be in the process of Texas licensure or currently hold a Texas license.
- Paid malpractice with tail coverage included
- Flexible administrative and clinical scheduling providing a great work/life balance
- Comprehensive benefits package
- Access to TeamHealth's clinician wellness program and referral program
- Customized Society of Hospital Medicine (SHM) membership with access to CME, exclusive access to educational resources, professional development opportunities, live events and a dynamic online community of hospitalists who actively shape and improve the practice of hospital medicine
- Excellent salary package
- Access to leadership development programs such as Leadership Education and Development (LEAD), Coach Development Academy (CDA), Women in Leadership (WIL) and the National Medical Leadership Conference (NMLC)
- Potential to further your career by growing into local, regional and national leadership roles
Del Sol Medical Center
Since 1974, 350-bed Del Sol Medical Center has provided quality healthcare to El Paso and the surrounding region. As the only full-service, acute care hospital in East El Paso with a Level II Trauma designation in Emergency Services, Del Sol Medical Center continues to expand its services to meet the growing needs of the tristate community, providing special expertise in Cardiology, Maternity & Child Services, a Level III NICU, a Center of Excellence designation for our Bariatric Clinic and Minimally Invasive Surgery Center, and a newly renovated 32-bed Rehabilitation Hospital.
El Paso, TX
El Paso lies in far west Texas and is the 19th most populous city in the U.S. with a population of almost 650,000. Standing on the Rio Grande, El Paso is across the U.S./Mexico border from Juarez, Chihuahua, Mexico, so the city is loaded with history and historic places. The Franklin Mountains extend into El Paso from the north and nearly divide the city into two sections: the west side forming the beginnings of the Mesilla Valley and the east side expanding into the desert and lower valley. At an elevation of 3,800 feet above sea level, with the highest peak in the city being North Franklin Mountain at 7,192 feet above sea level. El Paso is also home to the 24,000-acre Franklin Mountains State Park, the largest urban park in the United States. El Paso is a thriving metropolitan city and is home to the University of Texas at El Paso, Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center, Fort Bliss, one of the largest military complexes of the United States and neighbors Alamogordo, New Mexico, home to Holloman Air Force Base. In 2010 El Paso was awarded an All-American City Award, the oldest community recognition program in the United States.