TeamHealth in partnership with HCA and Grand Strand Medical Center is seeking a motivated leader with ACGME experience to partner with our emergency medicine residency Program Director at Grand Strand Medical Center in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina. The ideal candidate will join the team with an academic appointment and the desire for professional growth. This key role will work closely with the Program Director in planning and coordinating academic and operational activities of the residency program and provide administrative supervision and guidance to residents.
The Associate Program Director will be responsible for the organization, operation, and general administration of the program. Candidates must be emergency medicine residency trained and board certified in emergency medicine (ABEM/AOBEM).
- Currently serving at Associate/Assistant Program Director or have at least 3 years of experience as core faculty with an ACGME accredited emergency medicine residency program.
- Willingness to combine clinical, administrative and teaching responsibilities.
- Excellent interpersonal, administrative, and team-building skills.
- Experience or a strong interest in emergency medicine research
- Interest in serving as a clinical ED staff physician and a core member of the teaching faculty.
- Selection and recruitment of applicants for the residency
- Interview of applicants for the residency
- Instruction, supervision, counseling and evaluation of the residents
- Maintenance of records for program accreditation (procedure logs, milestones, etc.)
- Oversee the development and implementation of the Core Curriculum
- Participation in the Clinical Competency Committee and Program Evaluation Committee
Review of applications will begin immediately. Candidates should submit a letter of application including professional accomplishments, curriculum vitae, and the names, mailing addresses, email addresses, and telephone numbers of five professional references.
- Association with the leading physician practice in the country
- Competitive compensation
- Excellent comprehensive benefits package
- Access to leadership development programs such as LEADership Fundamentals, LEAD (Leadership Education and Development), CDA (Coach Development Academy), the Diversity and Inclusion Committee, and the National Medical Leadership Conference (NMLC)
- Practice with confidence as a member of TeamHealth's national Patient Safety Organization
High-quality, cost-effective healthcare
Grand Strand Medical Center is a 345-bed acute care hospital committed to quality patient care. It is a designated Level II trauma center, Advanced Primary Stroke Center and Accredited Chest Pain Center. The facility specializes in Emergency Medicine, Cardiology and Women's Health. Grand Strand Regional Medical Center encompasses several other facilities including South Strand, a free-standing Emergency Medicine Department located in South Myrtle Beach, North Strand, also a free-standing Emergency Medicine Department, an Advanced Wound Center and the Carolina Forest Imaging Center. Grand Strand's mission is to deliver high-quality, cost-effective healthcare in the communities it serves.
The Grand Strand
Myrtle Beach is a family-friendly community with 60 miles of wide, soft, sandy beaches. The area is known for the best golf courses in the south and plenty of shopping, entertainment and exciting nightlife. This coastal community is known as the Premier Beach vacation destination and draws visitors from all corners of the world to enjoy the southern charm and hospitality. The Myrtle beach Metropolitan area was listed as the 9th fastest growing area in the nation in 2011.