TeamHealth has an excellent opportunity for a Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant to join our anesthesiology critical care team at the Tampa General Hospital in Tampa, Florida. This is a nocturnist position practicing from 7pm to 7am with a care-team of 3 anesthesia critical care physicians and 12 advanced practice clinicians.
This position requires working autonomously and multitasking within the critical care team in assessing, examining and providing care to critically ill patients in the ICU. We ask that you be a board certified acute-care nurse practitioner or physician assistant with a master's degree in nursing and a minimum of 2 years practice experience working in critical care as an advanced practice clinician to apply. Other requirements include a commitment to excellence in clinical service and the problem-solving abilities necessary to best serve our patients.
Clinical responsibilities include:
- Managing medical, surgical (including post liver/kidney transplant), burn, cardiac and neurology patients.
- Provide emergent and urgent care to patients in critical condition.
- Perform history and physical examination of patients.
- Write orders and interpret laboratory data and radiological tests.
- Monitor patient status and response to treatment.
- Document findings in the ICU medical record.
- Recommend and initiate appropriate therapeutic interventions.
- Perform procedures, such as but not limited to, intubation, bronchoscopy, central line placement, hemodialysis catheter placement, swan ganz catheter, arterial line placement, chest tube insertion, thoracentesis, paracentesis, and lumbar puncture.
- Highly competitive compensation structure
- Comprehensive benefits package including 401K plan
- Access to TeamHealth's clinician wellness program and referral program
- Access to professional development tools, educational resources and CME through the TeamHealth Institute
- Paid professional liability insurance with tail
- Relocation assistance
Tampa General Hospital
The Tampa General Hospital & Rehabilitation Center is a 59-bed facility located on the campus of Tampa General Hospital (TGH). It has earned three-year accreditation by the Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF) in Adult Inpatient Rehabilitation Programs and Pediatric Inpatient Rehabilitation Programs. TGH is a private, not-for-profit hospital with more than 1,000 beds. It is one of the most comprehensive medical facilities in Florida with the region's only Level 1 trauma center, one of only three burn centers in Florida, and one of the leading organ transplant centers in the country.
Enjoy a perfect climate in a waterfront city with many of the nation's leading attractions. A large natural harbor on Florida's Gulf coast, the Tampa Bay area is an exciting place to call home. Enjoy pristine beaches, an abundance of private and public golf courses, world-class amusement attractions, museums, dining, shopping and all the trappings of a major metropolis and travel destination. Enjoy a relaxing afternoon on the sand at Anna Marie Island, a beach, pier and shopping attraction. Take the whole family to Busch Gardens for thrilling rides, wildlife viewing, live performances and more. In addition to these exciting attractions, Tampa offers a growing arts and cultural scene. The Dali Museum offers an extensive collection by the famous surrealist painter, Salvador Dali. For exciting nightlife, look no further than Ybor City known for its boutiques, shops, Cuban and Latin eateries, clubs and much more. Tampa Bay's Gulf Coast of Florida is near the sandy, white Gulf of Mexico beaches, where you can enjoy fishing, boating, golf, tennis and professional sports teams like the Buccaneers and Devil Rays. Explore all that Tampa has to offer!