TeamHealth is seeking a Hospital Medicine System Medical Director to lead a nine-facility hospital system located in the Knoxville, Tennessee area. This leadership opportunity will report directly to the Regional Medical Director in a DYAD partnership with the Vice President of Operations and will be responsible for the oversight of the site facility medical directors.
As System Medical Director (SMD), you will be responsible for developing and sustaining relationships, impacting clinical strategies and workflows that promote best practices, patient satisfaction and improve value-based healthcare delivery. As SMD, you will oversee the administrative aspects of multiple hospitals, all within/representing a group of hospitals within a system or affiliation. As SMD, you will have director oversight and will be responsible for ensuring that site Facility Medical Directors (FMD) are meeting the duties and responsibilities of the leadership role.
TeamHealth is a physician-led, patient-focused company with over 16,000 clinicians. Founded by doctors, for doctors, our success stems from the ingenuity, dedicated teamwork and integrity of our people. At TeamHealth, our purpose is to perfect the practice of medicine, every day, in everything we do. We are proud to be the leading physician practice in the United States, driven by our commitment to quality and safety and supported by our world-class operating team.
Duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Assuring that Facility Medical Directors (“FMDs”) are involved in hospital general medical staff meetings, participate in hospital committees, produce appropriate reports, hold monthly or bi-weekly meetings with hospital leadership, etc.
- Provide appropriate reports, metrics, and documentation on a monthly basis to Group President.
- Assist in and assure production and delivery of a yearly FMD report.
- Schedule and direct monthly or quarterly hospital system meetings with system executive team members.
- Participate in monthly or bi-monthly regional contract review calls with Group President, EVP, SVP, CFO, and VPO.
- Oversee and participate in as needed basis with the FMD to recruit and ensure the sites are fully staffed.
- Work effectively as a key team member in Patient Safety and Value Add/Solution delivery.
- Opportunity to pick up no more than 6 to 10 clinical shifts per month.
- Medical degree (MD or DO) required
- Related Master’s (e.g., MBA/MHA/MS) degree or equivalent experience strongly preferred
- Board Certified in Internal Medicine
- Previous leadership/administrative experience required
- Strong administrative and team building skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
Review of applications will begin immediately. Candidates should submit a letter of application including professional accomplishments, curriculum vitae, and the names, mailing addresses, email addresses, and telephone numbers of five professional references. Electronic applications and recommendations are preferred.
- Association with the leading physician practice in the country
- Competitive compensation
- Excellent comprehensive benefits package
- Access to leadership development programs such as LEADership Fundamentals, LEAD (Leadership Education and Development), CDA (Coach Development Academy), the Diversity and Inclusion Committee, and the National Medical Leadership Conference (NMLC)
- Customized Society of Hospital Medicine (SHM) membership with access to CME, exclusive access to educational resources, professional development opportunities, live events and a dynamic online community of hospitalists who actively shape and improve the practice of hospital medicine
- Practice with confidence as a member of TeamHealth's national Patient Safety Organization
A growing city in the Great Smoky Mountains!
Home to The University of Tennessee and the corporate headquarters of many national companies, Knoxville offers excellent public schools, a low cost of living and no state income tax. Add to those perks, endless outdoor recreation opportunities, a growing culinary scene, great family entertainment availability and an active music scene that includes the Knoxville Symphony Orchestra. With more than 100 miles of greenways and bike trails, Knoxville is the outdoor enthusiast's dream. Go paddle boarding or kayaking with friends on the Tennessee River or in one of the many local lakes and quarries, or skip over to south Knoxville's Urban Wilderness for paved and off-road biking trails. For those looking for a challenge, the Great Smoky Mountains National Park is just an hour away with access to the famous Appalachian Trail! Outdoor activities, however, are just part of the fun this city offers. Its growing downtown area features restaurants, shopping, pubs and much more. Stop by the vintage Phoenix Pharmacy and Fountain for root beer floats or sundaes, go bowling at Maple Hall where you can enjoy delicious cocktails and appetizers, or eat at one of the many regionally recognized restaurants. This mid-sized city has much to explore and offers easy access to other large cities like Chattanooga, Asheville, Nashville, Atlanta and Lexington.