Grow your career as a board certified or board eligible internal medicine trained physician. Join TeamHealth's Hospitalist team at St. Mary's Healthcare Amsterdam in Amsterdam, New York. Family medicine trained physicians can also qualify for this position with hospitalist experience.
This is a daytime position. Candidates must be comfortable in the ICU and procedures and codes are required.
St. Mary's Healthcare is a 143-bed hospital. This physician will see an average of 15 to 18 patients per day, and will manage patients on the regular floor and ICU, with vent management and codes. TeamHealth offers a higher-than-competition hourly rate with night differential, plus quality and RVU-based performance bonuses.
Other benefits include flexible scheduling for better work-life balance, CME, a comprehensive benefits package, paid professional liability insurance with tail coverage, and association with a leading Hospitalist organization with opportunity for future advancement.
TeamHealth is one of the nation’s leading healthcare organizations that specializes in hospital medicine. For more than four decades, we have honed every aspect needed to support our physician teams so that you can do what you do best. Our leaders are some of the best in the country!
- Well-established hospitalist group
- Daytime position
- Strong hourly rate with bonus potential
- Must be comfortable in the ICU
- Procedures and codes required
- Fully paid professional liability insurance (with tail coverage)
- Comprehensive benefits package including health, dental, vision, short-term & long-term disability, 401(k) and SERP and more
- Access to TeamHealth's clinician wellness program and referral program
- Opportunities to further your career by growing into local, regional and national leadership roles
- Practice with confidence as a member of TeamHealth's national Patient Safety Organization
- Customized Society of Hospital Medicine (SHM) membership with access to CME, exclusive access to educational resources, professional development opportunities, live events and a dynamic online community of hospitalists who actively shape and improve the practice of hospital medicine
Practice made perfect®
At TeamHealth, our purpose is to perfect the practice of medicine, every day, in everything we do.
Driven by our commitment to quality and safety and supported by our world-class operating team, we are proud to be the leading physician practice in the U.S. We empower our physicians and advanced practice clinicians to act on what they believe is right, free clinicians from distractions so they can focus on patient care, invest in learning and development to promote growth in the clinical field and foster an environment where continuous improvement is a shared priority.
History and culture
About 30 miles west of Albany, Amsterdam offers outdoor activities from stock car racing at Fonda Speedway to quieter pursuits at seven recreation areas. Here you can explore numerous parks, bike paths and historical sites. Golfers can enjoy courses, including one designed by Robert Trent Jones. Amsterdam has over 50 different local eateries where you can find something to eat. The city's recreation department hosts events throughout the year for the community's enjoyment.