TeamHealth is seeking an experienced emergency physician assistant or nurse practitioner to join a multi-facility team in the mountains of North Carolina. Three plus years of experience in a high volume emergency department (ED) is required, and familiarity with HCA is preferred. Candidates must have a current North Carolina license, DEA, ACLS and PALS certifications.
You’ll be able to learn and grow alongside the best in emergency medicine, with mentors, education and avenues for professional development that feed into your career path at TeamHealth. You’ll also have all the benefits of our powerful national network with rigorous risk management to feel confident in your work. But more importantly, you’ll be free to focus on making your work meaningful—with the power to make the right decisions for your patients, as part of a community of clinicians who care as much as you do.
For more than 40 years, TeamHealth's innovative national resources have supported our clinicians as they deliver the best possible patient care. Driven by our commitment to quality and safety, we are proud to be one of the largest integrated healthcare providers in the country.
- Comprehensive benefits package including paid time off, paid holidays, 401(k) with match, health, dental and vision insurance, an employee assistance program and more
- Competitive compensation
- Paid malpractice insurance with tail coverage
- Access to professional development tools, educational resources and CME through the TeamHealth Institute
- Association with a leading clinician practice in the country
- Stability of a respected industry leader
- Practice with confidence as a member of TeamHealth's national Patient Safety Organization
- Access to TeamHealth's clinician wellness program and referral program
Mission Hospital in Asheville, North Carolina, is Mission Health's flagship hospital and is an 815-bed facility. Mission Hospital is the regional referral center for tertiary and quaternary care and the region's only Level II trauma center. Mission Health operates six hospitals and numerous outpatient and surgery centers and is North Carolina's sixth-largest health system. In 2018, Mission Health was named one of the nation's top 15 health systems for the sixth time by IBM Watson Health. With approximately 12,000 team members and 2,000 volunteers, Mission Health is dedicated to improving the health and wellness of the people of western North Carolina.
Gardens, waterfalls, and more!
Asheville is a city in western North Carolina's Blue Ridge Mountains. It's known for a vibrant arts scene and historic architecture, including the dome-topped Basilica of Saint Lawrence. The Downtown Art District is filled with galleries and museums to explore. Asheville has many hiking trails and Pisgah National Park to view many of the city's waterfalls and landscape.