Enhance your career through leadership with TeamHealth's opening for a full-time emergency medicine medical director to provide compassionate patient care with our full-time emergency department (ED) physician team at Baptist Memorial Hospital-Carroll County in Huntingdon, Tennessee. Enjoy a monthly leadership stipend and living with easy access to Jackson, Tennessee! Candidates should be board certified or board eligible in emergency medicine and possess an ACLS certification.
Enjoy working with supportive administration and CEO. TeamHealth also manages the Hospital Medicine program at Baptist Memorial Hospital-Carroll County, making for improved communication and culture of collaboration. The ED receives an annual volume between 6,000 and 7,000. There are 12-hour and 24-hour shift options.
As a TeamHealth leader you’ll be able to advocate for patients, peers and nursing colleagues thereby increasing job satisfaction. We pave the way for you to further your abilities as you make a positive impact by influencing processes that improve efficiency and outcomes for patient care teams, ultimately benefiting the community and allowing it to thrive.
For more than 40 years, TeamHealth's innovative national resources have supported our clinicians as they deliver the best possible patient care. Driven by our commitment to quality and safety, we are proud to be one of the largest integrated healthcare providers in the country.
- 12-hour and 24-hour shift options
- Full-time team of ED physicians
- Paid malpractice including tail coverage
- Monthly leadership stipend
- Supportive administration
- Part of the Baptist Memorial Health system based out of Memphis, which offers a vast array of support
- Easy commute to and from Jackson, TN
- Access to TeamHealth's clinician wellness program and referral program
- Practice with confidence as a member of TeamHealth's national Patient Safety Organization
- Access to professional development tools, educational resources and CME through the TeamHealth Institute
- Access to leadership development programs such as LEADership Fundamentals, LEAD (Leadership Education and Development), CDA (Coach Development Academy), the Diversity and Inclusion Committee, and the National Medical Leadership Conference (NMLC)
Award-winning, innovative care
Baptist Memorial Hospital-Carroll County offers a full continuum of care including internal medicine, family practice, general surgery, pediatrics, urology, pathology, cardiology, gynecology, pain management and radiology services. The facility is well-recognized for its world-class care and innovation. In 2017, the facility and its network were recognized as the first organization in the world to receive a 10-star rating from Epic, for its excellence in electronic health records. Baptist Memorial Hospital is part of one of the highest regarded healthcare systems in the nation, Baptist Memorial Health Care, an award-winning network with 15 affiliate hospitals throughout the Mid-South.
Huntingdon, Tennessee, is about 120 miles from Memphis and 115 miles from Nashville. Located approximately halfway between two bastions of Tennessee music and conveniently situated near Interstate 40, known as the Tennessee Music Highway, Huntingdon is understandably a major participant in the arts and culture of the state. The city proudly boasts friendly neighborhoods and excellent schools that have some of the nicest facilities and highest aptitude scores in America. Many opportunities for recreation exist, including 12 parks, two golf courses, and two swimming pools. Also, within a one hour drive you will find five state parks, including Natchez Trace, Paris Landing, Reelfoot Lake, Kentucky Lake, and Carroll Lake, which features a public, 18-hole golf course.