Further your career with TeamHealth's part-time practice opportunity for an internal medicine or family practice physician to join our inpatient primary care team in Wilton, Connecticut. Enjoy a flexible schedule built around your personal needs and preferences while making a positive difference providing primary care to patients in skilled nursing facilities. Care for a mix of higher acuity and long-term custodial residents.
TeamHealth offers access to CME and professional development through the TeamHealth Institute, a great work-life balance that gives you quality time with family and friends, and the potential to further your career by growing into local, regional and national leadership positions. We support our clinician teams so that you can do what you do best: provide unmatched patient care. We are physician-driven, patient-focused and provide ample opportunities for growth as you develop your career in post-acute medicine.
At TeamHealth, our purpose is to perfect our clinicians’ ability to practice medicine, every day, in everything we do. Our philosophy is as simple as our goal is singular: we believe better experiences for clinicians lead to better outcomes—for patients, partners, and physicians alike.
For more than 40 years, TeamHealth's innovative national resources have supported our clinicians as they deliver the best possible patient care. Driven by our commitment to quality and safety, we are proud to be one of the largest integrated healthcare providers in the country.
- Support of behavioral health clinicians and a regional leadership team
- Documentation in gEHRimed is available remotely and ensures you are in step with other clinicians
- Practice at the top of your license—enjoy autonomy when caring for your patients
- Protected orientation time with best-in-class clinical training and 90 days of mentorship
- Backing of the leading provider of facilities-based medicine and largest network of post-acute care clinicians
- Dynamic field of healthcare with significant opportunities to innovate and improve patient care
- Professional development opportunities through the TeamHealth Institute
- Stability of a respected industry leader
- Practice with confidence as a member of TeamHealth's national Patient Safety Organization
- Paid professional liability insurance
- Access to TeamHealth's clinician wellness program and referral program
Why TeamHealth Post-Acute Care?
As the leading provider of facilities-based medicine, TeamHealth’s Post-Acute Care program is the largest network of post-acute care clinicians. Our team is comprised of more than 1,500 primary care and behavioral health clinicians in more than 31 states. Our post-acute care clinicians receive best-in class orientation and training, a dedicated EHR system and access to ongoing clinical education.
Wilton is a residential town rich in New England history. The town has had the foresight to preserve almost 1,000 acres of open space for active and passive recreational use. Winding back roads with trees, streams, ponds, woods, and rolling hills are all part of the Wilton's beauty and charm and afford privacy as well as a pastoral setting. Here you can hike the Norwalk River Valley Trail, the longest trail in Fairfield County. With an unspoiled habitat of over 140 acres, the Woodcock Nature Center offers year-round activities and a natural tranquility and beauty in the heart of Fairfield County. Located on 149 acres of state-protected land, the Woodcock Nature Preserve includes a pond, wetlands and three miles of publicly accessible woodland trails. The Center is home to a variety of living local and exotic creatures including snakes, frogs, lizards and injured birds of prey. The Wilton Playshop hosts three live theater productions annually along with special events. The Wilton School District is ranked #5 in Connecticut by Niche. Newsweek ranked Wilton High School #2 in Connecticut and #56 in the U.S. and the U.S. News and World Report awarded Wilton High School a gold medal in its annual high school rankings.