TeamHealth is seeking a Hospital Medicine leader for the role of Facility Medical Director at Sentara Northern Virginia Medical Center located about 20 minutes from Washington, D.C. This leadership opportunity will report directly to the Regional Medical Director (RMD) and Vice President of Operations (VPO) and will be responsible for the oversight of a growing team of clinicians and advanced practice clinicians.
As Facility Medical Director (FMD), you will be responsible for developing and sustaining relationships, impacting clinical strategies and workflows that promote practice, patient satisfaction and improve value-based healthcare delivery. As FMD, you will be responsible for managing the clinical, financial, human and capital resources of the facility.
TeamHealth is a physician-led, patient-focused company with over 16,000 clinicians. Founded by doctors, for doctors, our success stems from the ingenuity, dedicated teamwork and integrity of our people. At TeamHealth, our purpose is to perfect the practice of medicine, every day, in everything we do. We are proud to be the leading physician practice in the United States, driven by our commitment to quality and safety and supported by our world-class operating team.
Duties may include, but are not limited to:
• Attend hospital general medical staff meetings and serve as a representative on hospital committees
• Schedule, conduct and report on monthly or bi-monthly Departmental meetings
• Manage staffing schedule and a core team of fifteen (15) providers
• Produce and execute a yearly Departmental strategic plan
• Attend monthly Goal Progress meetings with hospital administration along with RMD and VPO
• Attend leadership training programs provided by TeamHealth
• Medical degree (MD or DO) required
• Board certified in internal medicine or family medicine
• Ideal candidate will have three to five years of previous leadership/administrative experience
• Have strong administrative and team building skills
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
Review of applications will begin immediately. Candidates should submit a letter of application including professional accomplishments and curriculum vitae (CV) to: email@example.com
- Association with the leading physician practice in the country
- Competitive compensation
- Excellent comprehensive benefits package
- Access to leadership development programs such as LEADership Fundamentals, LEAD (Leadership Education and Development), CDA (Coach Development Academy), the Diversity and Inclusion Committee, and the National Medical Leadership Conference (NMLC)
- Access to TeamHealth's clinician wellness program and referral program
- Stability of a respected industry leader
- Customized Society of Hospital Medicine (SHM) membership with access to CME, exclusive access to educational resources, professional development opportunities, live events and a dynamic online community of hospitalists who actively shape and improve the practice of hospital medicine
- Practice with confidence as a member of TeamHealth's national Patient Safety Organization
Sentara Northern Virginia Medical Center
Sentara Northern Virginia Medical Center is a 183-bed, not-for-profit hospital in Prince William County, Virginia. Sentara Northern Virginia Medical Center combines the resources of a major health system with the compassionate, personalized care of a community hospital. The facility offers quiet, private rooms and high quality care focused on safety and patient satisfaction.
Sentara Northern Virginia Medical Center offers a wide range of medical specialties, a highly qualified medical and clinical staff and state-of-the-art technology. Comprehensive services include primary care, emergency care, advanced imaging, cancer, diabetes, heart and vascular, orthopedics, urology, weight loss surgery and women's services.
Located in Prince William County, Virginia, 20 miles (32 km) south of Washington, D.C., Woodbridge is bounded by the Occoquan and Potomac rivers. The Woodbridge Magisterial District had 54,275 residents as of the 2010 census. Woodbridge offers a variety of amenities for residents and visitors, including the Potomac Mills shopping mall and the Potomac Festival Shopping Centers. Woodbridge is served by the Prince William County Public Schools, and the Woodbridge campus of Northern Virginia Community College borders the district. Transportation includes access to Interstate 95, two VRE commuter train stations, bus service, and a local 'slug' system, offering residents a variety of transit options. The area offers a wide range of recreational opportunities as well, including the Occoquan Bay National Wildlife Refuge, Veteran's Park, Leesylvania State Park, and Rippon Lodge, the oldest house in Prince William County.
Washington, D.C., is the capital of the United States. Located along the Potomac River on the country's East Coast, Washington and the District of Columbia are under the exclusive jurisdiction of Congress and are, therefore, not part of any U.S. state. In 2012, Washington had an estimated population of 632,323 and was listed as the 24th most populous place in the United States. Commuters from the surrounding Maryland and Virginia suburbs raise the city's population to more than one million during the workweek. The Washington Metropolitan Area has a population of 5.7 million, the seventh-largest metropolitan area in the country. Home to all three branches of the federal government and many national monuments and museums, the city hosts 176 foreign embassies as well as the headquarters of many international organizations, trade unions, non-profit organizations, lobbying groups, and professional associations.