TeamHealth is seeking an Assistant Chief Medical Officer to join our leadership team at Summerville Medical Center in Summerville, South Carolina. The Assistant Chief Medical Officer will report directly to the Trident Health CMO and to the CEO of Summerville Medical Center. Responsibilities include but are not limited to: establishing and implementing standards of medical service; developing and implementing programs for patient care, education and research; providing professional support to the Medical Staff Executive Committee; and reviewing and measuring patient care effectiveness while also working in a clinical capacity. We ask that you be have a Medical Degree with board certification in a specialty in addition to at least five years of clinical practice experience and experience working with an organized medical staff in committee work. A Master’s Degree in Healthcare or Business Management is preferred.
- Responsible for quality, risk management and patient safety
- Assists in development of annual capital and operating budgets
- Serves, as needed or assigned, on various committees, task forces or other advisory capacities
- Assists in the supervision of performance improvement activities
- Ensures the proper conduct of Quality Review and PRO functions of the medical staff
- Actively participates in the development of the Hospital’s strategic plan, business plan, needs analysis, physician manpower planning, and the implementation of new services
- Clinical work within the Trident Health System will be required to supplement this position
Leader of healthcare in the Lowcountry
Summerville Medical Center (SMC) is a 124-bed, acute-care hospital with a 24-hour emergency room and comprehensive acute medical services. This is a fast growing facility with an enviable reputation for its cardiac services, pediatrics and women's services. Surgical services offered include orthopedic, reflux, robotic, urologic, gynecologic, bariatrics, ENT and others. SMC is a part of Trident Health, a health system that has earned recognition as a leader in the delivery of healthcare in the Lowcountry, and is made up of Summerville Medical Center, Trident Medical Center, and two free standing Emergency Departments; Monks Corner Medical Center and CenterPoint Emergency. Facility accolades include being named a Joint Commission Accredited Chest Pain Center, Certified Stroke Center, Certified Advanced Heart Failure, Certified Total Hip and Knee Replacement, and Top Hospital for Quality Performance.
Summerville, South Carolina
Settled after the American Revolutionary War, Summerville officially became a town in 1847. Summerville is mostly situated in Dorchester County, South Carolina with small portions of the county reaching into Berkeley and Charleston counties. The town limits extend to the Ashely River next to the Old Fort Dorchester State Historical Park. Summerville has hosted the annual Flowertown Festival since 1973. It is the largest arts and crafts festival in South Carolina and is held the first weekend of April. Enjoy the rich culture, history and attractions Charleston, South Carolina has to offer within an hour’s drive.