TeamHealth has an outstanding opportunity for a physician to lead our Hospitalist team in a suburb of Houston, Texas! The Hospital Medicine Facility Medical Director (FMD) is responsible for ensuring the success of the Hospital Medicine Program that the FMD oversees. The FMD is responsible for the oversight and support of all clinical and non-clinical activities provided by the Hospitalist Program. Other responsibilities include creating a team culture that values high performance and excellent patient care and ensuring that the hospitalists are engaged and their efforts are aligned with the quality, safety and efficiency goals of the hospital. The FMD along with TeamHealth support staff, will strive to maintain a strong partnership between TeamHealth and the facility.
Other position highlights include but are not limited to: managing the program to achieve clinical, operational and financial goals; strategic planning responsibilities such as physician communications and behavior, business development, manage care strategies and more; participates in clinical oversight of the practice; takes the lead in recruiting, orientation and on-boarding of new hire clinicians; monitors individual hospitalist performance, provides feedback and coordinates interventions; completes routine performance reviews, as needed, for the hospitalist team; works with Regional Medical Director and Vice President of Operations to adhere to the facility contractual requirements and operating budget and ensure client satisfaction; meets regularly with nursing leadership and other department leaders in the hospital and medical staff to establish effective and collaborative relationships.
- Responsible for communication channels within the team
- Develops strategic relationships with key stakeholders within the hospital
- Ensures that other members of the hospitalist team are also actively involved in medical staff committees
- Ensure that medical staff bylaws of client facility are known and followed
- Texas licensed and experience in a physician leadership role preferred
- Board certification and excellent communication and clinical skills are a must
- Society of Hospital Medicine fellow status and ACLS certifications preferred
Livable forest community
Kingwood is a just outside the Houston metropolitan area with a small community neighborhood. There is a variety of wildlife including deer, fish, birds, and more within the nature preserves in the area. Along with the beautiful woods and lakes, there is a thriving retail and shopping center with dining venues.