TeamHealth has an exciting opportunity for an experienced hospitalist physician to lead our team as the full-time Medical Director at Good Samaritan Hospital in San Jose, California. We are actively interviewing clinical leaders with several years of experience leading a Hospitalist team.
Good Samaritan is a 474-bed acute care hospital in the heart of Silicon Valley and a recognized leader in several specialties. Good Samaritan is a community hospital that offers advanced treatment often only available at academic facilities. You will be leading a well-established team in the heart of Silicon Valley. Live and work in an outstanding location, San Jose.
The Medical Director will report directly to the Regional Medical Director and HCA hospital leadership. The Medical Director should build upon an exceptional and established program. Candidates must possess excellent interpersonal, administrative, and team-building skills. You will enjoy having complete hospital dedication and financial support for a top-quality program.
• Lead a program of 12 FTE’s
• Administrative and Clinical responsibilities
• Develop and sustain relationships
• Impact Clinical Strategies and workflows that promote practice patient satisfaction
• Improve Value-Based Healthcare delivery
- Board certified in Internal Medicine
- Previous leadership or administrative experience
- Willing to combine Administrative and Clinical responsibilities
- Strong administrative and team building skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Clinical expertise
Review of applications will begin immediately. Candidates should submit a letter of application including professional accomplishments, curriculum vitae, and the names, mailing addresses, email addresses, and telephone numbers of five professional references.
- • Association with the leading physician practice in the country
• Competitive compensation
• Excellent comprehensive benefits package
• Access to leadership development programs such as LEADership Fundamentals, LEAD (Leadership Education and Development), CDA (Coach Development Academy), the Diversity and Inclusion Committee, and the National Medical Leadership Conference (NMLC)
• Practice with confidence as a member of TeamHealth's national Patient Safety Organization
Good Samaritan Hospital
This acute care hospital is located in the heart of Silicon Valley with two locations, the main campus in San Jose and Mission Oaks campus in Los Gatos. Good Samaritan Hospital is recognized as a leader in neurosciences, high-risk obstetrics, comprehensive cancer services, advanced cardiology and innovative surgery techniques. Good Samaritan Hospital - San Jose was the first of five hospitals in the country and the first in Santa Clara County to become a Stroke Certified Hospital. Good Samaritan Hospital is also a county-designated STEMI receiving center.
Readers of Bay Area Parent magazine have chosen Good Samaritan Hospital as the “Bay Area’s Best Place to Have a Baby” and “Family Favorite Hospital” for over 10 years. Good Samaritan Hospital is only one of 3 hospitals in the nation to be given the Outstanding Achievement Award from the American College of Surgeons Commission on Cancer 5 consecutive times.
San Jose, California
San Jose is the economic, cultural and political center of Silicon Valley and the largest city in Northern California. Surrounded by rolling hills, San Jose is the major technology hub in California's Bay Area. Nicknamed the Capital of Silicon Valley, San Jose is home to many global tech companies including Cisco Systems, eBay, Adobe Systems, PayPal, Brocade, Samsung and Western Digital, to name a few. Downtown San Jose features the Tech Museum of Innovation, devoted to the exploration of science and technology. The city boasts many performing arts companies, including Opera San Jose, Symphony Silicon Valley, Ballet San Jose Silicon Valley and the San Jose Museum of Art, one of the nation's premiere Modern Art museums. It is also home to the NHL's San Jose Sharks. San Jose has a subtropical Mediterranean climate with a yearly average of 301 days of sunshine and an annual mean temperature of 60.5 degrees, perfect weather for hiking on its 54 miles of scenic urban trail network, fishing and boating on Lake Cunningham, playing disc golf at Kelly Park or strolling through one of San Jose's 200+ local parks.