TeamHealth has an excellent opportunity for a Medical Director to lead our Hospitalist team at Good Samaritan Hospital in San Jose, California. We are actively interviewing clinical leaders with several years of experience leading a Hospitalist team. This well-established program of 12 FTEs offers excellent quality of life with a flexible schedule.
Good Samaritan is a 474-bed acute care hospital in the heart of Silicon Valley and a recognized leader in several specialties. Good Samaritan is a community hospital that offers advanced treatment often only available at academic facilities. You will be joining a well-established team in the heart of Silicon Valley. Live and work in an outstanding location, San Jose.
About the program:
• 12 FTE - 5 hospitalists, 1 nocturnist physician at night
• Closed ICU, No procedures, no codes
• Averages 18 patients daily per clinician
• EMR is Meditech
• Medical directorship includes a mix of clinical and dedicated administrative hours
• Option for independent contractor or employee model with full benefits
• Directorship stipend, paid clinical hours, and productivity and quality bonuses
• Well-liked hospital with great technology and work environment
• This program is fully staffed and enjoys minimal turnover
Team Health offers a great work-life balance that gives you quality time with family, time to enjoy the rolling hills in Silicon Valley or the beaches of the Santa Cruz.
Physicians who join TeamHealth are part of a physician-led organization that offers true career opportunity and excellent compensation and benefits, where we maintain progressive management and a strong commitment to patient care. We welcome the opportunity to share more information with you and learn about what you seek in a position. If you or someone you know may have an interest in joining a great group, please contact us today.
TeamHealth is one of the nation’s leading healthcare organizations that specializes in Hospital Medicine. Celebrating more than four decades of experience in physician services, we’ve grown from a small company established by emergency physicians to one of the largest integrated care providers in the country. Today, 16,000+ clinicians strong, we offer the highest quality staffing, administrative support and management across the full continuum of care, from hospital-based practices to post-acute care and ambulatory centers.
- TeamHealth leadership training institute and support
- Fantastic location
- Competitive compensation
- Access to TeamHealth's clinician wellness program and referral program
- Association with one of the largest integrated care providers in the country
- Stability of a respected industry leader
- Access to leadership development programs such as Leadership Education and Development (LEAD), Coach Development Academy (CDA), Women in Leadership (WIL), and the National Medical Leadership Conference (NMLC)
- Customized Society of Hospital Medicine (SHM) membership with access to CME, exclusive access to educational resources, professional development opportunities, live events and a dynamic online community of hospitalists who actively shape and improve the practice of hospital medicine
Good Samaritan Hospital
This acute care hospital is located in the heart of Silicon Valley with two locations, the main campus in San Jose and Mission Oaks campus in Los Gatos. Good Samaritan Hospital is recognized as a leader in neurosciences, high-risk obstetrics, comprehensive cancer services, advanced cardiology and innovative surgery techniques. Good Samaritan Hospital - San Jose was the first of five hospitals in the country and the first in Santa Clara County to become a Stroke Certified Hospital. Good Samaritan Hospital is also a county-designated STEMI receiving center.
Readers of Bay Area Parent magazine have chosen Good Samaritan Hospital as the “Bay Area’s Best Place to Have a Baby” and “Family Favorite Hospital” for over 10 years. Good Samaritan Hospital is only one of 3 hospitals in the nation to be given the Outstanding Achievement Award from the American College of Surgeons Commission on Cancer 5 consecutive times.
San Jose, California
San Jose is the economic, cultural and political center of Silicon Valley and the largest city in Northern California. Surrounded by rolling hills, San Jose is the major technology hub in California's Bay Area. Nicknamed the Capital of Silicon Valley, San Jose is home to many global tech companies including Cisco Systems, eBay, Adobe Systems, PayPal, Brocade, Samsung and Western Digital, to name a few. Downtown San Jose features the Tech Museum of Innovation, devoted to the exploration of science and technology. The city boasts many performing arts companies, including Opera San Jose, Symphony Silicon Valley, Ballet San Jose Silicon Valley and the San Jose Museum of Art, one of the nation's premiere Modern Art museums. It is also home to the NHL's San Jose Sharks. San Jose has a subtropical Mediterranean climate with a yearly average of 301 days of sunshine and an annual mean temperature of 60.5 degrees, perfect weather for hiking on its 54 miles of scenic urban trail network, fishing and boating on Lake Cunningham, playing disc golf at Kelly Park or strolling through one of San Jose's 200+ local parks.