Advance your career in clinical leadership through TeamHealth's outstanding opportunity for a Facility Medical Director at CHI Health Lakeside in Omaha, Nebraska. We ask that you are board certified or board eligible in emergency medicine to apply.
This beautiful ED consists of 18 beds and the department sees an annual census of 19,000. There are 26 hours of physician coverage as well as 12 hours of advanced practice clinician coverage.
The EMR that is used is EPIC and the admittance rate is 21% with a door-to-doc time averaging 20 minutes. The average patients seen per hour is 1.8 and all beds are equipped with bedside ultrasound.
For more than 40 years, TeamHealth's history and national footprint in emergency medicine allows us to achieve the highest standards in care, informed by decades of evidence-based data. To that end, we’ve created robust risk management programs to help our physicians feel confident in their work.
Join a community of thousands of emergency medicine professionals to share and shape best practices. We harness a nationwide collection of tools, clinical resources and collective knowledge for our emergency medicine physicians who provide the best for their patients.
- Comprehensive benefits package
- Excellent hourly rate and leadership stipend
- Paid professional liability insurance with tail coverage included
- Access to leadership development programs such as Leadership Education and Development (LEAD), Coach Development Academy (CDA), Women in Leadership (WIL) and the National Medical Leadership Conference (NMLC)
- Access to professional development tools, educational resources and CME through the TeamHealth Institute
- Association with a leading physician practice in the U.S.
- Stability of a respected industry leader
- Leadership and growth opportunities to further your career
- Access to TeamHealth’s clinician wellness program and referral program
CHI Health Lakeside
CHI Health Lakeside is West Omaha's only full-service hospital. The campus is designed for patients and is one of the most technologically advanced hospitals in the world, providing a full range of services including: maternity, cancer and surgery care as well as diagnostics and emergency services. CHI Health Lakeside has been named #1 in the region by Consumer Reports for hospital safety. CHI Health Lakeside is a Certified Primary Stroke Center and has earned the Perinatal Care Certification from The Joint Commission.
Authentic Midwestern hospitality
In recent years, the Omaha riverfront and downtown area have experienced tremendous growth including the construction of a one-of-a-kind pedestrian bridge that spans the Missouri River. One of the longest pedestrian bridge projects ever constructed, the bridge gives Omaha residents and visitors alike a breathtaking view of the city's ever changing skyline. The convention center and arena attract big name talent, and creative public art sprinkles the city. From exploring underground caves at Omaha's Henry Doorly Zoo and Aquarium to the NCAA College World Series, college baseball's biggest event, Omaha is filled with many things to do. Omaha is Nebraska's largest city with more than 860,000 residents in the metropolitan area. Omaha has a strong and vibrant business community, and the city is home to four Fortune 500 companies including Union Pacific Railroad, and Mutual of Omaha. Top rated public and private schools and choices of top universities.