TeamHealth is seeking a full-time hospitalist nurse practitioner to provide compassionate patient care at AMITA Health Saint Joseph Hospital Elgin in Egin, Illinois. Candidates must have previous hospitalist experience in a hospital setting with a minimum of one year of experience to be considered. The position is not open to new graduates at this time.
This position has a Monday through Friday, day shift schedule from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Role responsibilities include rounding on patients, completing admissions and discharges to and from the facility. The clinician will also be expected to work one full weekend a month, with flexed time during proceeding week.
In today’s hospital medicine environment, you’re asked to deliver patient care with a high level of confidence. That’s why TeamHealth puts you in the best position, with the education, training, risk management resources and support to anticipate patient needs and act on them.
For more than four decades, we have honed every aspect needed to support our clinician teams so that you can do what you do best. Our leaders are some of the best in the country!
In joining TeamHealth, you become part of one of the nation’s leading health care organizations that specializes in Hospitalist Medicine, Emergency Medicine and Specialty Medicine.
TeamHealth is proud to be one of the largest integrated healthcare providers in the country. We welcome the opportunity to share more information with you and learn about what you seek in a position.
- Paid professional liability insurance with tail coverage
- Competitive pay
- Comprehensive benefits package including dental, health, vision, an employee assistance program and 401K
- Stability of a respected industry leader
- Access to TeamHealth's clinician wellness program and referral program
- Practice with confidence as a member of TeamHealth's national Patient Safety Organization
- Customized Society of Hospital Medicine (SHM) membership with access to CME, exclusive access to educational resources, professional development opportunities, live events and a dynamic online community of hospitalists who actively shape and improve the practice of hospital medicine
AMITA Health Saint Joseph Hospital Elgin
For more than 100 years, AMITA Saint Joseph Hospital Elgin has brought top medical care to the Fox River Valley. The 184-bed, full-service hospital has been recognized for excellence in multiple specialties. AMITA Saint Joseph Elgin is known across the nation for its heart and vascular institute, which offers the latest high-tech cardiac care. The Cancer Care Center brings together board-certified doctors and specialists to provide the region’s most advanced cancer treatment and rehabilitation.
Eighth-largest city in Illinois
Elgin is the eighth-largest city in the northern part of Illinois state in Cook and Kane counties. Located just northwest of Chicago, it lies along the Fox River. New townhouses, condo towers, loft spaces, and art galleries have opened in the last decade. Elgin is home to many historical landmarks such as Elgin Tower and the Grand Victoria riverboat casino.