TeamHealth is looking for an experienced emergency medicine physician leader for our full-time facility medical director position at PeaceHealth St. Joseph Medical Center in Bellingham, Washington. You will be joining a strong, well-established team at PeaceHealth. The medical director will report directly to our regional medical director and will build upon an exceptional program. Candidates must possess excellent interpersonal, administrative, leadership and team-building skills.
If you are looking to make a positive difference, we invite you to become a part of TeamHealth's rich history. TeamHealth promotes leadership development and fosters an environment of care. Learn and grow from the finest in emergency medicine through mentorship, education, and wellness support. You will join thousands of clinicians nationwide promoting communication and collaboration with dedicated support of risk management resources. You're a part of community that is as dedicated to making the right decisions for patients.
• Minimum 2 years leadership experience in emergency medicine at a moderate size facility
• Willing to combine administrative and clinical responsibilities
• Strong administrative and team building skills
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Clinical expertise
PeaceHealth is a 253-bed hospital, level II trauma center, located in beautiful Bellingham, Washington. Bellingham lies on the shores of Bellingham Bay and is the last major city before the Washington coastline meets the U.S. and Canada border.
- Supportive, collegial and patient-oriented hospital administration
- The clinical emergency department group at Bellingham is smart, fun and sharp
- Association with the leading physician practice in the country
- Competitive compensation
- Independent contractor or employee status
- Excellent monthly stipend
- Access to leadership development programs such as LEADership Fundamentals, LEAD (Leadership Education and Development), CDA (Coach Development Academy), the Diversity and Inclusion Committee, and the National Medical Leadership Conference (NMLC)
- Practice with confidence as a member of TeamHealth's national Patient Safety Organization
PeaceHealth is a not-for-profit Catholic health system offering care to communities in Washington, Oregon and Alaska. PeaceHealth has approximately 16,000 caregivers, a medical group practice with more than 1,100 providers and 10 medical centers serving both urban and rural communities throughout the northwest.
Beautiful Bellingham, Washington
The Bellingham-Mount Baker region is rich in history, culture, and the arts. You are never far from a fine art gallery, one-of-kind museum, or a performance venue. Bellingham, Washington, is the last major city before the Washington coastline meets the U.S. and Canada border. Lying on the shores of Bellingham Bay, the city is 85 miles north of Seattle and an hour south of Vancouver. Mount Baker looms as a backdrop for the city making the stunning beauty of Bellingham its major attraction. The community takes pride in its friendly atmosphere, authentic neighborhoods, many cultural attractions, and clean environment. You can find relaxing or exhilarating outdoor activities here year-round.