TeamHealth has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Emergency Medicine physician to lead our team as the full-time Facility Medical Director at PeaceHealth St. Joseph Medical Center in Bellingham, Washington. We are actively interviewing clinical leaders with several years of experience leading an Emergency Medicine team.
PeaceHealth is a 253-bed hospital, Level II trauma center, located in beautiful Bellingham, Washington. Bellingham lies on the shores of Bellingham Bay and is the last major city before the Washington coastline meets the US and Canada border. You will be joining a well-established team at PeaceHealth.
The Medical Director will report directly to the Regional Medical Director. The medical director should build upon an exceptional and established program. Candidates must possess excellent interpersonal, administrative, leadership and team-building skills.
• Lead and manage a large team of Emergency Medicine Physicians and Advanced Practice Clinicians
• Medical Director will work 6-8 clinical shifts a month and 15 -20 hours of administrative time per week
• Lead a program of 15 FTEs
• Administrative and clinical responsibilities
• Develop and sustain relationships
• Impact clinical strategies and workflows that promote practice patient satisfaction
• Improve value-based healthcare delivery
• Must be ABEM
• Must have a minimum of 2 years leadership experience in Emergency Medicine
• Experience leading a minimum of 15 clinicians at a moderate size facility
• Willing to combine Administrative and Clinical responsibilities
• Strong administrative and team building skills
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Clinical expertise
- • Association with the leading physician practice in the country
• Competitive compensation
• Can be IC or EE
• Excellent monthly stipend
• Access to leadership development programs such as LEADership Fundamentals, LEAD (Leadership Education and Development), CDA (Coach Development Academy), the Diversity and Inclusion Committee, and the National Medical Leadership Conference (NMLC)
• Practice with confidence as a member of TeamHealth's national Patient Safety Organization
PeaceHealth is a not-for-profit Catholic health system offering care to communities in Washington, Oregon and Alaska. PeaceHealth has approximately 16,000 caregivers, a medical group practice with more than 1,100 providers and 10 medical centers serving both urban and rural communities throughout the Northwest.
Beautiful Bellingham, Washington
The Bellingham-Mount Baker region is rich in history, culture, and the arts. You are never far from a fine art gallery, one-of-kind museum, or a performance venue. Bellingham, Washington, is the last major city before the Washington coastline meets the U.S. and Canada border. Lying on the shores of Bellingham Bay, the city is 85 miles north of Seattle and an hour south of Vancouver. Mount Baker looms as a backdrop for the city making the stunning beauty of Bellingham its major attraction. The community takes pride in its friendly atmosphere, authentic neighborhoods, many cultural attractions, and clean environment. You can find relaxing or exhilarating outdoor activities here year-round.