TeamHealth is seeking an experienced emergency medicine Medical Director interested in leading and managing a large team of emergency medicine physicians and advanced practice clinicians at PeaceHealth St. Joseph Medical Center located in beautiful Bellingham, Washington.
PeaceHealth St. Joseph Medical Center's 39-bed emergency department (ED) has an annual volume of 60,000. As Medical Director, you will work six to eight clinical shifts a month and 20-25 hours of administrative time per week. Applicants must have a minimum of two years leadership experience in emergency medicine, experience leading a minimum of 15 clinicians and experience at a moderate to large size facility.
You’re joining a nationwide team that promotes the development of skills and fosters an environment of care. Learn and grow from the finest in emergency medicine through mentorship, education, collaboration and wellness support to enhance your career development. You’re a part of community who is as dedicated to making the right decisions for patients as you are.
For 40 years, our history and national footprint in emergency medicine allows us to achieve the highest standards in care, informed by decades of evidence-based data. To that end, we’ve created robust risk management programs to help our clinicians feel confident in their work. We harness a nationwide collection of tools, clinical resources and collective knowledge for our emergency medicine clinicians who provide the best for their patients.
TeamHealth is proud to be one of the largest integrated care providers in the country. We offer a great work-life balance that gives you quality time with family and time to enjoy the community and the outdoors.
- Competitive compensation
- Excellent comprehensive benefits package
- Paid professional liability insurance with tail coverage
- Advanced practice clinician coverage
- Access to professional development tools, educational resources and CME through the TeamHealth Institute
- Intangible benefits like the mentorship and support of a national network of world-class emergency medicine experts
- Access to TeamHealth's clinician wellness program and referral program
- Association with a leading physician practice in the country
- Access to leadership development programs such as Leadership Education and Development (LEAD), Coach Development Academy (CDA), Women in Leadership (WIL), and the National Medical Leadership Conference (NMLC)
PeaceHealth is a not-for-profit Catholic health system offering care to communities in Washington, Oregon and Alaska. PeaceHealth has approximately 16,000 caregivers, a medical group practice with more than 1,100 providers and 10 medical centers serving both urban and rural communities throughout the Northwest.
Beautiful Bellingham, Washington
The Bellingham-Mount Baker region is rich in history, culture, and the arts. You are never far from a fine art gallery, one-of-kind museum, or a performance venue. Bellingham, Washington, is the last major city before the Washington coastline meets the U.S. and Canada border. Lying on the shores of Bellingham Bay, the city is 85 miles north of Seattle and an hour south of Vancouver. Mount Baker looms as a backdrop for the city making the stunning beauty of Bellingham its major attraction. The community takes pride in its friendly atmosphere, authentic neighborhoods, many cultural attractions, and clean environment. You can find relaxing or exhilarating outdoor activities here year-round.