Hospital Medicine Services
More and more hospitals are turning to TeamHealth to implement or strengthen their Hospital Medicine programs.
TeamHealth Hospital Medicine was established in the early 1990s in response to growing demand from our long-time emergency medicine clients for full-time, consistent care for admitted patients. Today we are one of the nation's leading providers of hospitalist and intensivist services.
TeamHealth's data-driven, experience-based resources help hospitals achieve their clinical, operational and economic goals. These resources include our Hospital Medicine Playbook (a central repository of best practices and operating procedures), evidence-based treatment protocols, patient satisfaction tools and hospital medicine technology.
We also look for ways to streamline redundant processes between the emergency department and other hospital departments to enhance the overall continuum of care.
By implementing and overseeing strategies to continually improve patient care among TeamHealth-affiliated hospitalists, TeamHealth Hospital Medicine has delivered positive results, including:
- Lower costs, shorter lengths of stay and better medical outcomes (including higher survival rates)
- A solution for the care of unassigned patients
- More frequent physician communication with patients and their families
- Higher patient satisfaction levels
- Greater experience and higher expertise in the care of acutely ill patients
- Ability to recognize patients in need of special attention, anticipate problems and rapidly respond to crises and changes in a patient's condition
- Streamlined and expedited care, including coordination with medical and surgical consultants, discharge planners, primary care physicians and post-hospital care providers
- Improved communication between day and night shifts
- Better continuity of patient care